• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking for range in Alabama

Man that would be awesome! I wouldn’t mind paying a daily fee.
I need to see what’s up. I didn’t know they had this and literally haven’t talked to them in probably 10 years. But after checking out their website, it doesn’t look like they’ve updated their website since 2017.

Some come to find out, I know a couple of these guys at Steel City. Havent talked to them in years tho. Will inquire about seeing if people can shoot there or not. Obviously it doesn’t seem like they are open to anything but training people and product dev but, I know 3 of these guys. Maybe I can work some magic.
They plan to have matches in the fall and have a capped membership in the future, like I said previously. I have shot with them recently and have discussed it with them. It is real and happening. Just a matter of when.

436C4818-D45C-4D18-A64D-80F80A0C746F.jpeg

52CCD136-0508-4A56-BA0B-1FD8EA8D6269.jpeg

5CA952DB-804C-4A3A-A23E-F6EE70C1A852.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: SilentStalkr
Dang how did I miss out on this thread until now! I had no idea BG was going to close soon. That sucks if it actually does

Dang how did I miss out on this thread until now! I had no idea BG was going to close soon. That sucks if it actually does
That's been said for a while now and maybe it's true this time but I'm not going to worry about it until it actually happens. Will be shooting there tomorrow

Edit: Those who are members at BG, I want to join but I need other members to sign off. I went by this afternoon to check the place out for the first time but found out it’s gated and no actual employees. I messaged the member secretary and he basically said I just needed to come on a Saturday and mingle with folks during the matches.

Last edited:
Those who are members at BG, I want to join but I need other members to sign off. I went by this afternoon to check the place out for the first time but found out it’s gated and no actual employees. I emailed the member Any help? I messaged the member secretary and he basically said I just needed to come on a Saturday and mingle with folks during the matches.

Yeah that's the standard way.... if you want to go shoot Sunday afternoon I can probably do that and then sign off for you? You can also just show up at a match on the calendar and shoot it on Saturday and then the MD will sign off for you. The communication isn't great honestly. It's a great place to shoot and there's a lot of good guys there. They are super serious about target heights because there's neighborhoods all around and there's several who literally sit out every day hoping to hear a gun shot after 9m to blame on BG. There was some 9mm bullet found in someone's garage and it was blamed on BG. It's not possible for that to happen with that round without someone trying to do that and very likely not possible at all but ....

Otherwise, pretty standard stuff and good people and a nice place.

I’m in a private with targets to 1200! 40 min south of jasper!

Yeah that's the standard way.... if you want to go shoot Sunday afternoon I can probably do that and then sign off for you? You can also just show up at a match on the calendar and shoot it on Saturday and then the MD will sign off for you. The communication isn't great honestly. It's a great place to shoot and there's a lot of good guys there. They are super serious about target heights because there's neighborhoods all around and there's several who literally sit out every day hoping to hear a gun shot after 9m to blame on BG. There was some 9mm bullet found in someone's garage and it was blamed on BG. It's not possible for that to happen with that round without someone trying to do that and very likely not possible at all but ....

Otherwise, pretty standard stuff and good people and a nice place.

Yeah I could probably do Sunday afternoon. It’s only about 15 min from me. Is this a “bring your own target” kind of place?

Yeah I could probably do Sunday afternoon. It’s only about 15 min from me. Is this a “bring your own target” kind of place?
They have multiple ranges. Some of them you will need to bring your own, some of them have steel out there already. Because it’s so close to neighborhoods and what not you will have to go through some things to get signed off. You will need multiple member backing, shouldn’t be a problem. Next you will have to go through new members course, basically a safety training deal, and be able to demonstrate that you know how to use your weapon safely. Once that’s done you are home free. Yes, before you ask, it doesn’t matter if you have prior military or police service, everyone must go through the course. Looking forward to seeing you out there one day, if I ever get free time to get back. Most people out there are good people. Occasionally you’ll have a dumbass or two from one of the surrounding neighborhoods come in and try to stir up trouble. This isn’t as much of a problem as it used to be as they used to not have a gate. But they still leave the damn gate open so much that it’s still somewhat of an issue.

And just FYI, last I heard the range has finally sold out to the city, aka the Antigun neighbors are finally getting their way. So I at some point in the future the range will be closing. They are looking for property to open up somewhere else but from what I understand this is a done deal and the range is on a timeline, unfortunately. Used to have a 750-900yd range. Unfortunately, that was closed down due to some dumbassery. Will have to tell you about it sometimes.

Let’s see, what else comes to mind? No .50 allowed ever, don’t do it. Would love to meet up with you guys sometimes. I haven’t been able to go for years.

They have multiple ranges. Some of them you will need to bring your own, some of them have steel out there already. Because it’s so close to neighborhoods and what not you will have to go through some things to get signed off. You will need multiple member backing, shouldn’t be a problem. Next you will have to go through new members course, basically a safety training deal, and be able to demonstrate that you know how to use your weapon safely. Once that’s done you are home free. Yes, before you ask, it doesn’t matter if you have prior military or police service, everyone must go through the course. Looking forward to seeing you out there one day, if I ever get free time to get back. Most people out there are good people. Occasionally you’ll have a dumbass or two from one of the surrounding neighborhoods come in and try to stir up trouble. This isn’t as much of a problem as it used to be as they used to not have a gate. But they still leave the damn gate open so much that it’s still somewhat of an issue.

And just FYI, last I heard the range has finally sold out to the city, aka the Antigun neighbors are finally getting their way. So I at some point in the future the range will be closing. They are looking for property to open up somewhere else but from what I understand this is a done deal and the range is on a timeline, unfortunately. Used to have a 750-900yd range. Unfortunately, that was closed down due to some dumbassery. Will have to tell you about it sometimes.

Let’s see, what else comes to mind? No .50 allowed ever, don’t do it. Would love to meet up with you guys sometimes. I haven’t been able to go for years.

Yeah I was expecting some level of rigorous vetting to ensure shooter capabilities given the area. I’m not sure why I’ve waited this long to try and join since I live right down the road in Helena. I only have interest in shooting at the longer range or if they have any action bays for rifle shooting. The Cahaba range is getting a little boring for me. I’m just ready to join BG and go through whatever process I need to and meet some like minded folks.

Yeah I was expecting some level of rigorous vetting to ensure shooter capabilities given the area. I’m not sure why I’ve waited this long to try and join since I live right down the road in Helena. I only have interest in shooting at the longer range or if they have any action bays for rifle shooting. The Cahaba range is getting a little boring for me. I’m just ready to join BG and go through whatever process I need to and meet some like minded folks.
Sadly, the longest range that now have is 520yds. Again, I’ll have to explain the story behind them getting rid of the longer range one day. Would be nice if we could lease some land somewhere and make our own range. I briefly heard back from Cuckler but he doesn’t seem too interested in letting outsiders in to their deal so...

Wow - just finding this thread.

I'm in Northeast Mississippi for the time - likely coming back to Heart of Dixie in the next couple years but even now I can drive to a range.

If y'all are getting some pledges together for a lease/buy count me in.

I'm in Northeast Mississippi for the time - likely coming back to Heart of Dixie in the next couple years but even now I can drive to a range.

I have one

Yeah but we generally have stands to tape or stapel your target to. All ranges are covered well, and we have lights too under the cover as well as the range lights can be turned on.

That's what we really should do. We've talked about it but never anything serious. I'd definitely be in

There is an awesome place in Blakeley, Ga. More than an hour… but ranges to 2500 yards.

PRE was there in 2021. Great place.

Sirhr
Yeah I love going there but it's almost 4 hours for me so it's not somewhere I can go regularly. Blakely isn't really close to anything.

I can’t believe there isn’t a 500+ yard range anywhere in this area. There are huge fields and hills everywhere. We have some family land that we shoot on. If we could get a few guys together we could clear out some areas to shoot out to around 800. The only issue is it’s really steep terrain that’s thick woods. We already have it cleared to 300 but that’s where the rough stuff starts. We have a tractor but it’s too steep. We would have to hike steel targets in and hang them up and leave them. Then we would have to hike in to paint them. I have a utv I just need a dozer for a weekend to clear a trail to the target area. If we had a trail cut in then it would be a cake walk.
I would be willing to participate in such an endeavor should you decide to pursue this path I live in Cullman as well. Supposedly there is a range out to 500? near Arab.

Let’s make it happen. Where do we think I should be looking for land to lease? I got several brothers I know in real estate. Give me a location and I’ll shoot a text to them.