• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Looking for scope with these criteria

MAG00

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
NE Texas
I am looking for a scope that would fit these criteria:

- side focus or adjustable objective
- mildot, BDC, hold over, or similar reticle
- variable power; low end 2 to 3 and high end 9 to 14 (or something similar)
- price range $150 to $300
- use for .22LR precision practice, plinking, etc

Can y'all recommend a scope please? Please be specific on make and model.

Thanks and I appreciate the help.

Re: Looking for scope with these criteria

The BSA Tactical 4x14 is $250 with a mil dot reticle and mil turrets. Not bad from what I've heard and read.

NIKKO STIRLING TARGETMASTER 4-16

MILLET TRS

BSA TACTICAL AT MIDWAY

BSA TACTICAL FFP 4-14

WEAVER KASPA

afew of the CENTERPOINT or LEAPERS/UTG SCOPES

check out the VORTEX line

google your wants, you should be able to come up with a few more. NATCHEZ & MIDWAY USA has a bunch of scopes listed that you can filter through your price range, then further filter for what you want. they may not be in stock, but will give you an idea of whats out there and the features.

Nitrex tr two 3-15x42 used on ebay or here for around that.

Look at the Redfield Revenge line. They run a BDC with in scope range finding (I wouldnt trust my life on it but it looks intersting for hunting applications) and they seem decent I love my redfield revolution 3-9x40 on my .17hmr it has a duplex but they offer it in a bdc version I beleive.

Found a few options I would like to get feedback on.

- Weaver Kaspa 3-12X44 Side Focus Ballistic X Reticle
- Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Adjustable Objective Ballistic-Plex Reticle
- Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Weaver Kaspa 2.5-10X44 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 Adjustable Objective Ballistic-Plex Reticle
- BSA Tactical Mil/Mil 4-14x44 FFP Side Focus
- Bushnell Ultra Legend HD 4.5-14x44 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Primary Arms 4-14x44 Mil/Mil FFP Side Focus

What are ya'lls thgouths on these or one of these? I don't have anywhere nearby that has these so I am having to buy online without handling one. So all the help I can get is appreciated. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAG00</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Found a few options I would like to get feedback on.

- Weaver Kaspa 3-12X44 Side Focus Ballistic X Reticle
- Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x42 Adjustable Objective Ballistic-Plex Reticle
- Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Weaver Kaspa 2.5-10X44 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14x42 Adjustable Objective Ballistic-Plex Reticle
- BSA Tactical Mil/Mil 4-14x44 FFP Side Focus
- Bushnell Ultra Legend HD 4.5-14x44 Side Focus Mil-Dot Reticle
- Primary Arms 4-14x44 Mil/Mil FFP Side Focus

What are ya'lls thgouths on these or one of these? I don't have anywhere nearby that has these so I am having to buy online without handling one. So all the help I can get is appreciated. Thanks. </div></div>

Out of those scopes I would have to go with the PA FFP. As of now it seems to track accurately between 50 and 100 yards. Mil Dots seem to be fairly close and the glass quality is better than my Mueller APT which is also another great scope esp for the $150 I payed for it new. I have yet to take my PA FFP out to 300 yards, but will be doing so when I can get a nice calm day.

The Mueller APT has been used for a few years and has been exceptional out to 225 yards. I did not have a canted base on my last rifle so I was unable to dial much further. It tracked well and always held and returned to zero.

My only complaint about both scopes are:

Mueller has mushy turrets with a picky eye box at higher magnification and an AO that is not very ideal for field use.

PA FFP has better turrets, but has a VERY tight eye box at all magnification.

Both of these scopes seem to be great for the money. The Mueller I am confident when using it on a centerfire rifle such as .308, but the PA I would only keep on a rimfire even though it is rated for .308 it just seems the eye box really limits this scope.