• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Looking for shooting class in Dallas

DarthSidious

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2020
I need my army to learn how to shoot, because they always miss these pesky Jedi, lol. If more serious - I'm a novice and I'm looking for a good precision shooting school in Dallas.

I shot here last week for the first time. 250-800 yd targets on the long range course. They have rangemasters that can teach you while utilizing your equipment for $120 for two hours. Not as good as an actual school but could get you shooting sooner rather than later.

The closest actual school that I know of is https://www.fouledbore.com/ in OK. They have several PRS matches each year and I hear great things but haven’t attended a class there yet.

Good luck and if you find anything closer to DFW I’d be interested to hear more.

Check out Triple C Range or ETTS when you get ready to shoot on your own. Both are excellent but I prefer triple c.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Also, maybe look into Tac Pro out west of Fort Worth. I know they run a 2 day long range class. I’ve never attended so I can’t attest to the quality.

If you want some formal instruction Sean at vapor trail tactical is on here as hogstooth I think. He would be the first instructor I’d go to in DFW area. He also teaches at the best shooting locations in the area too like triple c.

If you want some formal instruction Sean at vapor trail tactical is on here as hogstooth I think. He would be the first instructor I’d go to in DFW area. He also teaches at the best shooting locations in the area too like triple c.

Another option is Combat Shooting and Tactics in Nacogdoches, TX. Not sure where you live in the DFW area but it is probably about 2 hrs. SE of you. Paul Howe was a sniper with the Delta teams and holds a Long Range Hunter course a couple times a year. Great guy and fantastic instructor. He encourages students to experiment with their equipment and setups and see how it affects their shot. If you and your equipment are capable you will be making hits at 1000 by the end of the 2 day course. He also holds many other tactical courses throughout the year.

I need my army to learn how to shoot, because they always miss these pesky Jedi, lol. If more serious - I'm a novice and I'm looking for a good precision shooting school in Dallas.

I made some friends at the ranges like triple C and they were willing to help answer some questions. With local free help I have gotten good enough to hit 1500+ yards with a 6.5 Creedmoor but i'd like to be more consistent so I am actually going out to Denver to take he Mile High Class with Frank

Green Eye Tactical has a Rifle Fundamentals Class coming up. This is a great class to get behind the rifle and understand the fundamentals of body position, breathing, trigger pull and such. These are the things you'll need for precision shooting. Class sizes are limited and lots of one on one instruction.

You will group a lot and be a better shooter afterwards for sure. Fairly cheap class for the level instruction you'll get. Once you get the fundamentals you can work on the longer-range items.

Class Info