• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Looking for Vortex Razor 30x Mil/MRAD Ranging Eyepiece Reticle (RZR-30-RT-M)

Gib1415

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2017
I'm looking for a Vortex Razor 30x MRAD Ranging Eyepiece Reticle for Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope. Would like to pick one up, anyone have one? Know where I can get one?

Need one too :)

It is going to be hard if Vortex dumpped a bunch of gen 1 razor hd without making more 30x eye piece.

I just need the non-reticle 20-60x eye piece.
If anyone has one please IM me or text me at 918-833-1952

I need one as well. I look from time to time with no luck. Hopefully someone from vortex sees this and can get the wheels turning on a few more of these being built. Seems like all the sites I look on people are still looking for these.

I need one as well. I look from time to time with no luck. Hopefully someone from vortex sees this and can get the wheels turning on a few more of these being built. Seems like all the sites I look on people are still looking for these.

I don't think that is going to happen given the new razor HD is out. If any thing they might make one for the new model.

Does any company make a reticled 30x eye piece that can fit on the razor 20-60?

Last edited:
This whole reticle eyepiece thing is kinda frustrating. Seems to be plenty of demand, yet oddly very few are in production.

The Bushnell Spacemaster has been around forever and has a pretty big following, yet no reticle eyepieces exist. Same with Kowa, there are lots and lots of Kowas being used by tactical and competitive shooters all over the world, but Kowa has no interest in making a reticle eyepiece.

The brands that produce and sell quality glass in a reticle equipped spotting scope are all pretty highly regarded, and get away with charging a premium. The Spotter 60/45 and 4000.00, The STR-6 and STR-8 at 3500.00, Optolyth at 2500.00, Leupold at 2000.00

Many people buy spotting scopes with lower end glass just for the reticle. The Bushnell FLP, Bushnell Legend T Series, and much lower quality glass like Barska, NC Star, etc.

So, one of the only companies shooters actually like, making a reticle eyepiece, Vortex, discontinues theirs. What gives? A Chinese lens supplier go under or something?

I saw a Burris branded milrad eyepiece in the 250.00 range, and the scope it fits looks pretty nice but is only available with an angled eyepiece. And even then, your still paying 1500 for the scope and 250 for the eyepiece. In the same range as Optolyth and Leupold.

I wonder, if someone machined an adapter to allow a Burris eyepiece to be fitted into a Kowa TSN-4, if the reticle subtensions would be accurate. Or perhaps to allow an Optolyth eyepiece to be mounted on a TSN-4, or maybe turn and thread the Burris eyepiece to fit in an old Bushnell Spacemaster.

I own a machine shop equipped with both manual and CNC equipment. I could probably alter an eyepiece, fabricate an adapter, or some combination of the two if the reticle subtensions would be correct.

Last edited:
It saddens me but at one time I was a MOA guy, 20 - 60 - Vortex Spotter and bought a 30x MOA reticle - ugh if I knew I would have bought the MIL 30x. Now I am stuck.

Last edited:
I started getting impatient waiting for Minox, and almost bought a Vortex.

I'm very lucky I found out about the mrad eyepiece being discontinued when I did, otherwise I'd be reselling a Vortex on eBay, at a loss I'm sure.

I bought an Optolyth and reticle eyepiece. The scopes still in transit from Germany, but the eyepiece is here. The eyepiece is huge, and it's like a tank. Drop it in a sock and you could definitely kill someone with it.

Do the new Burris Signature 30x SCR eyepieces fit the old Razor? I have not handled them side by side, but not too long ago when I was playing with the new Burris signature I remember thinking "huh, this is just like the old Razor"...

Reactions: Anderson_A
Even if somehow the bayonet mount lugs happened to fit, and the eyepiece would mount, it's still very unlikely that it would work.

In order for the mil reticles angular subtension to be correct, the Burris would have to have the exact same focal length.

Otherwis, a simple adapter would allow any manufacturers eyepiece to fit any other manufacturers scope.

I was able to temporarily mount my optolyth reticle eyepiece in s Kowa TSN4, the subtrnsion was definitely wrong.

Reactions: Anderson_A
Just got my hands on one of these unicorns. Couldnt be happier. I hope I never run into this issue but I wonder how vortex is going to warranty these if they are completely out of production.

Unless it's an even older version, I think the Japanese and Chinese versions of the Razor are identical outside of where they were manufactured. I'd discuss it with Vortex to be sure.

Unless it's an even older version, I think the Japanese and Chinese versions of the Razor are identical outside of where they were manufactured. I'd discuss it with Vortex to be sure.
No there are two gens of Razor Hd spotting scope just like the rifle scopes but they dont call them gen 2.

They are totally different. Eyepices dont match either. You cnat just swap.

No there are two gens of Razor Hd spotting scope just like the rifle scopes but they dont call them gen 2.

They are totally different. Eyepices dont match either. You cnat just swap.

I just spoke with vortex they said they wanted it ready for shot show but it didn't happen... also this when does come out will not fit on older style razors only the new ones

So with that said I'm back looking for the unicorn or selling my old one for a new one

Reactions: johnhefley
Cabelas in Richfield wi has one in the bargain cave. $169 I grabbed the moa that was in the case and the lady said there was another on back. Idk if it was mil or moa though

Cabelas in Richfield wi has one in the bargain cave. $169 I grabbed the moa that was in the case and the lady said there was another on back. Idk if it was mil or moa though

So I just called an it's moa... as far as I know they only fitted on the 20x60x85

how do you like it so far? I heard they stopped making them cause they had issues with it all lining up properly

I spoke to Vortex about this the other day and they told me it is unlikely that they will have any units available in 2018. The guy also told me he wasn’t sure that they were even going to begin producing these again. So, for what it’s worth I got a hard maybe out of them for q4 2018 but more likely 2019, if at all.

Pvt Donut, on that link I saw the wide angle eyepiece but not the mil reticle eyepiece. Am I missing something? Did you get the inside scoop from Vortex? I could have been speaking with someone not in the know.

Hey guys, New member here from Canada.. I was googling this ranging reticle I have sitting here on my desk and I came across your posts looking for one. I happen to have 2 of them in MRAD..

Edited Post: should have read the rules about selling

Attachments

• Mrad Eyepiece.jpg
    Mrad Eyepiece.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I spoke to Vortex about this the other day and they told me it is unlikely that they will have any units available in 2018. The guy also told me he wasn’t sure that they were even going to begin producing these again. So, for what it’s worth I got a hard maybe out of them for q4 2018 but more likely 2019, if at all.

Pvt Donut, on that link I saw the wide angle eyepiece but not the mil reticle eyepiece. Am I missing something? Did you get the inside scoop from Vortex? I could have been speaking with someone not in the know.

Sorry, just saw your message. Looks like the page has been removed. Same goes for Vortex's website. Must not be ready to release yet or something. Hopefully they didn't stop production.

Yeah it seems like there is a demand but I’m sure their finance department looked into seeing if the juice is worth the squeeze.

OOPS! See you next year!
Be aware that I am 90% sure the eyepiece for the new generation of Vortex Spotting scopes is not compatible with the old generation so if you have an old generation you will be SOL even if they start making ranging eyepieces.

I use the Burris scr mil reticle eye piece in my razor spotter works as far as I can tell I have no way to measure it scientifically but from comparing with various mil reticle and ranging known size targets at known distance it works

The demand for this is there and the willingness to supply is apparently completely friggin vacant.

You’d think the companies would recognize that people putting serious consideration into spending more than twice their intended budget on a spotter (like me) just to get a reticle means we would snap up a 1-2k Japanese spotter with reticle.

For that matter, a nice set of 15x binos wouldn’t break my heart either.

Reactions: westford86