• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing Looking to book a Elk hunt in 2015, need a guide! CO, MT, or WY

SOC308

SSG
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2008
South Carolina
So looking through the interwebs for a good guide is like trying to read a book by its cover....

What I'm looking for is people that have personal, first hand experiences with guides. I am looking to take my mother and father on a hunt. They are both going to be retired next year and they have earned every bit of it.
Looking for possibly 2 bull elk and one cow tag for the three of us, or maybe just three bulls....

What are the better areas to concentrate my search? I'm looking at CO, WY, and MT right now. I'm not sure if one area is better than another. I know these hunts are expensive and can go for over $1000/day for guide fees alone per person. I can only budget around 12-15k total including travel. I would love a 5 day hunt, but if all I can get is a 3 day in my budget I would love to put us in the best place to make something happen.

Any help is appreciated.

So looking through the interwebs for a good guide is like trying to read a book by its cover....

What I'm looking for is people that have personal, first hand experiences with guides. I am looking to take my mother and father on a hunt. They are both going to be retired next year and they have earned every bit of it.
Looking for possibly 2 bull elk and one cow tag for the three of us, or maybe just three bulls....

What are the better areas to concentrate my search? I'm looking at CO, WY, and MT right now. I'm not sure if one area is better than another. I know these hunts are expensive and can go for over $1000/day for guide fees alone per person. I can only budget around 12-15k total including travel. I would love a 5 day hunt, but if all I can get is a 3 day in my budget I would love to put us in the best place to make something happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Kyle, contact RHildy77 on here. He's got a couple coming up and I think has a lot of good info. He's GTG
If you want his info I'll text him and ask if it's ok to give it out. Juts text me whenever, I'm up all night.

From what I've seen in the past, most folks are not willing to help you out at all on here. They act like you are asking for the exact GPS coordinates to their prize honey hole. I do not live in any of the states you listed so I can't be of much help. However, I do know that you can get a very nice guided hunt for less than the numbers you mentioned above.....way less.

With just general info on locations and guides, the folks over on Realtree forum and 24hr Campfire are pretty helpful. I'd try there if you don't get any response here. A couple years ago on Realtree forum, I actually found a group of hunters/guides who let me stay in their base camp with them and hunt with them. I just had to pack my gear and drive up and meet them. Very nice guys and very eager to help people out.

Are you looking for rifle or archery? Check tag draws, might be almost impossible for all 3 of you to get drawn without preference points. Colorado I know is OTC archery but rifle is draw and takes a couple pref points.

Pat Sinclair???? Look at the amazing pictures he posts on here. If I was paying to hunt, he would be tops on my list in the lower 48.

J&D Outfitters in Colorado = Doyle Worbington (retired Army Ranger)

I have hunted several times with him for elk and mule deer - he runs a 199% honest operation and has great leases to hunt.

Home - J & D Outfitters

Last edited:
Bull Basin Guides, Colorado Check out there web site. Huge elk, Deer, Lion, and Bear
They have a hunting camp with a full time chef, and 35K plus private acres to hunt

Bull basin does ranching for wildlife with the DOW so they get a guaranteed number of tags which you can purchase for archery, muzzleloader, rifle.
They are a excellent choice, I am pretty sure they fill every tag. They lease the largest portion of the acreage from my family for twenty plus years.
I have first hand experience with all there guides, and very good friend of the owner.

Colorado Guided Hunting and Fishing Trips

Sorry for the second post I hit the wrong button...