• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking to build a MK 12 Mod 0

choover23

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2013
Kentucky
Guys,

I'm fairly new to the Hide. Non military, just like to shoot. I have a couple of cans, sbrs And precision rifles in my collection. I'm typically an M1A guy. Mine is on a Troy Industries chassis with a delta p adapter for a flash hider or can. I also shoot my Rem. 700 .338 laupa.

I've decided I have to have a MK12 Mod 0. I need suggestion on components for this build. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Chase

If you want as close as possible, check out High Caliber Sales. I got a MK 13 through them and it's beautiful. I'm currently on the waiting list for the next batch of MK 12s.

I'm collecting parts for a mk12 mod 0 myself. Call PRI, the pretty much have all the parts.

Guys,

I'm fairly new to the Hide. Non military, just like to shoot. I have a couple of cans, sbrs And precision rifles in my collection. I'm typically an M1A guy. Mine is on a Troy Industries chassis with a delta p adapter for a flash hider or can. I also shoot my Rem. 700 .338 laupa.

I've decided I have to have a MK12 Mod 0. I need suggestion on components for this build. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Chase

Do you want one that is 100% correct or one that looks similar, does the same thing, but for less money? Because if it's the first option there are people who can build you 100% correct uppers out there, I think Centurion and Highcalibersales, but it's costly. I want to say 1800 for the upper but I'm not positive on that. However if you just want a good shooting 18" AR there are a zillion options out there at every budget.

I'm collecting parts for a mk12 mod 0 myself. Call PRI, the pretty much have all the parts.

PRI has the parts for the handguards and the gas block sight, the rear sight is ARMS and I don't think they carry them. Also there are 2 PRI rail systems, one that connects to the handguard and the other connects to the accessory rail on top of the handguard. The handguard system is what gives it that distinct look and it's a very nice handguard setup. I love mine. After that most everything on the rifle is really preference, depending on what you want to do with it and how picky you are about being 'in spec'.

There are some good posts re: Mk12 MOD0 clones floating around if you have a search for them.

As previously stated...if you want "the real deal" then I highly recommend getting with Kevin and/or Alan at High Caliber Sales! You'll pay $2200+ for just the complete, 100% correct upper receiver group and accessories like the bipod, adapter, etc., but it is money well spent IMHO. They are truly a work of art and nobody builds a MOD0 like Alan!!

Here you go: MK12, MK18 Upper Builds and MK13MOD5 conversions | HIGH CALIBER SALES, LLC

Good luck!

Pri sells the A.R.M.S 40 sight and the also carry the OPs inc muzzle break and Collar. They probably have the 22m rings also.

High Caliber Sales all the way. They were absolutely fantastic to deal with. I have a Mk12 Mod 1 from them that I put a URX 3.0 on and a Mk18 Mod 1. Both are built absolutely outstanding.

you will need:
PRI tubular handguard rifle length (we're limited to the GenIII's now, the original one is too hard to find)
PRI flip up gas block front sight (the original front sight had set screws i believe, and an easily adjustable sight)
ARMS top rail (PRI makes a great copy)
ARMS 40 rear sight (this fits w/ the rail, if you use a different rear sight, you will likely have to mill the rear of the rail)
PRI Gasbuster charging handle
OPS Inc collar and brake
most important part is either a Douglas barrel or an 18" barrel, rifle length gas, and it has the SPR contour (fits the Ops Inc collar and brake)
ARMS 22M rings (the Mod1 uses the High Rings)
Standard M4 flattop upper receiver

those basically make up the upper. it took me forever to get all the components and if i had to do it all over again, i'd probably just buy it from High Caliber Sales.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Just got done shooting yesterday at Mammoth shooting center in Western KY. I got to stretch out and shoot real distance. Spent a lot of time sighting in my Barrett 107A1 50 BMG and my Rem 700 338 laupa. Started pinging steel at 550+. But the real highlight was shooting my buddy's MK12 Mod0.

I'm thinking of a NF 3-15 on top of this build. Any need for more power?

Depends on how accurate you want the clone. Most mount a Leupold or a NF 2.5-10 on theirs. If that doesn't bother you get whatever magnification you want. That said, my 2.5-10 is more than enough to hit 10" plates at 600

some inspiration

Img_0007R.jpg

MSTN does an awesome build! vltor vis upper, youngs national match bcg, lmt bolt, noveske spr barrel w/switchblock, very nice rifle.

I had two HCS builds. A MOD O and a MOD 1.
I got them to use. Both were accurate beyond belief.
A couple things to consider.
The MOD O is much heavier. It also is not as tough due to the top rail not being integral.
There is a reason the change was made to a MOD 1.
The trigger is not the best either. Not bad, but not top of the line.
Nothing looks as cool as a MOD O though!
I sold the MOD O and still use the MOD 1 about half the time.
RTH

Ok guys, I've got my Douglas barrel and LMT SOPMOD stock on the way.

Next question: Mod 0 or Mod 1? I know the Mod 1 has the KAC free float forend. Which on is better? Pros and Cons of both? Thanks in advance. You guys are great!

The mod 1 will be considerably lighter somewhat stronger due to the top rail not being a seperate piece. For normal people though, just go with whatever one you like the looks better (the right answer is mod 0). You won't need an adjustable gas block unless you plan to suppress, then it might help but still not needed.

The mod 1 will be considerably lighter somewhat stronger due to the top rail not being a seperate piece. For normal people though, just go with whatever one you like the looks better (the right answer is mod 0). You won't need an adjustable gas block unless you plan to suppress, then it might help but still not needed.

I agree Mod 0 is the best looking and most different! Will most likely only shoot suppressed. Can I still use the PRI gas block? And recommendations on bolr carrier? I was thinking YM Chrome M16 group. With SOPMOD spring and o ring.

I agree Mod 0 is the best looking and most different! Will most likely only shoot suppressed. Can I still use the PRI gas block? And recommendations on bolr carrier? I was thinking YM Chrome M16 group. With SOPMOD spring and o ring.

You'll be fine suppressed with out an adjustable gas block, just stick with the pri if you want it to look authentic. Stick with a bcg from a reputable company and you'll be fine. Young's is good and thats what I run in my mk12 mod 0. Don't forgot that spray paint is part of the milspec standard on mk12's.