• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Looking to buy RRS tripod?

Zback

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 8, 2019
Anybody have one for sale? On the fence between Anvil 30 head or BH-55 head, thoughts? Anybody have anything used?

I'm really liking my Anvil 30 head. It's very robust and rock solid, even with my 20lb AI on it.

If size and weight is a factor then Anvil. If not and you will be using it as a spotting platform a fair amount then the BH25 becomes more of an option.

Any recommendations on a particular tripod from them? I am 6’1.

I have the L model with the 30 head, I'm 6'3"
Plenty tall. Standard is a bit short.

Reactions: Huskydriver
The 34L combo with the Anvil-30 head is really the way to go, I am 5 11 and the L is more then enough. The Standard is just to short to bring binos to my eye level.

Reactions: Engine 22
another advantage to the 34L would be on any uneven ground. If the ground slopes away from you the longer legs make getting level at height easier.

I just wish they were easier to find in stock, I gave up looking and ordered a 34L + Anvil 30 direct from RRS last Thursday. They hope to get it to me by early to mid April.

Edit: FWIW they said that the hold up for my order was the anvil 30 head so they may have 34L's sooner than that time frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI
At 6’ my standard 34 works well for everything including straight spotters or binos. Any taller and I’d say taller can be a benefit

I'm 6'4" and got the TFCT-24L for a hunting/ match tripod. It's just right for me to glass with, and has a bit of leeway for uneven terrain.

Also don't let the backorder on their website scare you, i ordered mine and had it within a few weeks.

I've never used a 34 series. If I was just shooting matches I would have gone 3 series for sure, but for hunting you do shave a good bit of weight with a 24. It's stable enough for me that i totally ditched a bipod for backcountry hunts and just use the tripod.

73 inches tall here, and I run a TVC-34 series 3, with a BH-55 on top of it, and I think the height is spot on. I even have to take one leg down an inch or so to get the right cheek weld.

How do yall feel on the Anvil 30 vs BH-55 on top? I need to decide between the two. I am mostly (99 %) varmint hunt with it.