• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Looking to remove KG gun kote, but theres a twist.

MrOneEyedBoh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2011
Maryland, USA!
Im looking to remove the KG gun Kote, but there is anodizing under the gun kote. I could bead blast, but then the anodizing would be remove. Id like to keep the anodizing, but I guess if worse comes to worse, I can always krylon them. But thats WAY less durable than the anodizing.

So all in all, how can I remove the gun kote? aircraft remover?

Re: Looking to remove KG gun kote, but theres a twist.

I am not sure why you want to remove it, because it is a very good coating, but it is very tenacious.

I would not do anything that would affect the anodizing.

If you want a color change, just coat over.

Give KG a call, they have decades of experience with it and are very helpful.

TC

Aircraft will likely take it. There is also things like soda and soft media like walnut that would be safe too.

Oh yeah, I have access to a corn machine... Reason for removing it, is the colors dont match. But yeah I guess I could always just paint over the gun kote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrOneEyedBoh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I could always just paint over the gun kote.</div></div>

better idea....