• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking to spend $800ish including stamp

ffjoey

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2011
Tampa Bay
Looking for suggestions. Will be my first suppressor. Going on a 308 but wouldn’t mind a qd mount so I can utilize it for my AR as well. Is there any point to considering something like a Radical Arms $300 cheapo?

A can is something you will keep for life. So I would not be looking at anything cheap. You already wait 10+ months for approval.

I think that's gonna be hard including stamp cost. $800-$1200 without a stamp is the going rate for a high end 308 can. There are a few in the $650-$750 range but the wait you're about to go through and money you're gonna drop. Save a little more and get something like a Rugged, TBAC, DeadAir, etc.

I bought a Rugged Surge 7.62 when they first came out and love it. 7.62, 5.56, short and long config. Buy once cry once.

I bought a dead air sandman for 500 plus my stamp and my dealer did all paperwork. I hear they are great but I havent received my stamp yet I'm currently at 9 months waiting.

I bought a dead air sandman for 500 plus my stamp and my dealer did all paperwork. I hear they are great but I havent received my stamp yet I'm currently at 9 months waiting.
Dead Air was the main one I was considering

Reactions: Sierra770
Thanks guys. All good advice. I’m probably going to get a Dead Air. Looks like it will be right at $800ish

All I can say is call matt @10star guns in weatherford oklahoma. A buddy of mine is a ffl and recommended them for me to buy my first suppressor they recommended dead air sandman and it was 500 plus tax and my stamp back in October. I'll try and find my receipt.

All I can say is call matt @10star guns in weatherford oklahoma. A buddy of mine is a ffl and recommended them for me to buy my first suppressor they recommended dead air sandman and it was 500 plus tax and my stamp back in October. I'll try and find my receipt.
You got a steal of a deal then cause Sandmans aren't usually that inexpensive. The cheapest one was the Ti direct thread model. It was still more than 500

Wow, the resonator is only $660 out the door at silencer shop. Might have to look into that one as well. Many thanks

Save a bit more for a Nomad. But if you have to stick to the budget, then Resonator.

Another vote for the resonator
I love it way more than I thought I would, I bought it for a 300bo sbr but use it on my rifle a lot.

I have a Rugged Surge and Razor. The Razor would be right on the edge of your budget but I don't think you could do much better for the money.

I got my DA Nomad for $792 including stamp and shipping (but not transfer). If you use the email quote request feature at Gunprodeals you should be able to get one for about $50 more right now, still a good deal.

In the same price range you could also get an Energetic Armament Vox S from Hansohn Bros with Hide member pricing.

Both of those have modular mount ends and can take any of the many mounts made for the SiCo Omega. Griffin Armament is actually offering free Plan-A mounts with proof of Nomad purchase through the end of the year, so if you buy a Nomad, for the price of S&H (~$7) you can start out with the 5/8x24 direct thread mount the Nomad comes with, and the Griffin mount able to attach to their minimalist brakes.

Griffin Plan-A Nomad Promotion

If you want to see how the Nomad and Vox stack up against some other popular suppressors, check out the Suppressed Nation YouTube video series "Suppressor Showdown".

If you don't care about mount modularity, the YHM Resonator is not too heavy and is by all accounts an excellent performer, all for $600 - $650 with stamp.

My advise, go direct thread. No mounts to dick with, no accuracy issues, etc.

Everyone I know that bought QD didn't buy enough mounts, and they either can't get them anymore, don't want to spend $80+ for every single rifle, or found out they don't work very well.

Sure, it saves a whole 10 seconds to get it off and on, but that's the one and only advantage.

I've had great luck with my Sig SRD762. I was out the door for under $800 with the stamp. Never had it come loose from a normal shoulder or tapered shoulder. Has always had a positive effect on accuracy, and it'll fit on anything I ever put 5/8-24 threads on.

I have a silencerco hybrid. Absolutely love it. Picked it up on gunbroker for $500 and $50 for the paperwork to transfer+$200 means out the door at $750. Mounts are like $60 but I can use for pistols as well. Can literally use it on everything up to .338 Lapua and .45-70. Sounds ridiculously quiet on my .300 win mag.

take a look at the lane scorpion suppressors they are very nice and in your budget if you go stainless

Those are all great options. I ordered a nomad a couple months ago, but I was really looking at the YHM cans and the EA vox. The DA mount system is what ultimately made the decision for me, and the nomad beat out the vox because of volume.

Reactions: Gtscotty