• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Looking to suppress the RFB

nnnn16

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 14, 2010
Texas
I love the rifle so far. I've only put a box through it and it feels/shoots great. However, in my opinion, the best thing about shooting a bullpup is the fact that you can add a can and the weapon is still shorter than most. That being said, I am looking for suggestions as to which suppressor to go with. I'm mainly focused on sound suppression. I won't be using this weapon for long distance(probably 600yds and under) but repeatability is still important. Also, while I understand that quality is rarely cheap, I'm just not made of money. So affordability is still an issue. I hope to skip some of the trial and error steps by asking those that have already taken them. Please educate me.
If this is an old topic or if I'm in the wrong place please let me know.
Please and Thank You
Nathan

Re: Looking to suppress the RFB

Lots of good choices for .30 cans. If your budget is tight try a YHM phantom. If you can swing it a titanium can like the TBAC is nice for the weight savings. I actually have a RFB in the back of the safe. Although it has some interesting features I just was not crazy about the rifle and never got around to trying it with a can.

BachelorJack,

Do you recommend anyone for this? I enjoy shooting the RFB, but you are correct it doesn't suppress well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They suppress like crap. Has to do with how the piston system vents.

You need a custom gas trap and piston made.... </div></div>

That's not what I wanted to hear. Hopefully I'll have different results. I looked at the suggested suppressors and I think I'd rather go with the TBAC. I was told that thunder ranch would be a higher quality product, and to me there isn't enough price difference to overlook that. I was also told that it'll be forever before I can actually use the suppressor. The red tape is rediculous. SUCKS!!!!

I actually have a RFB in the back of the safe. Although it has some interesting features I just was not crazy about the rifle and never got around to trying it with a can. [/quote]

It was awkward at first for me but I think it would have been that way with any bullpup. Yesterday I put a few more boxes through it and it's quickly growing on me. I love not looking for my brass. They just fall on the ground in front of me. Now I don't have an excuse not to reload.
Thank You for the advise/help guys
NNTX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShotCaller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BachelorJack,

Do you recommend anyone for this? I enjoy shooting the RFB, but you are correct it doesn't suppress well. </div></div>

Tornado technologies.

Called the gas vent shroud...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShotCaller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BachelorJack,

Do you recommend anyone for this? I enjoy shooting the RFB, but you are correct it doesn't suppress well. </div></div>

Tornado technologies.

Called the gas vent shroud... </div></div>

I don't think that TT is currently producing these. Is anyone else making the shroud or something similar?