• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Looking up old marines by battalion and infantry..

SilentStalkr

Wonna Be Badass
Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2012
    Somewhere in the US
    Do any of you guys know of a way to look up people that were in the marines by Battalion and Infantry Units? Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking up old marines by battalion and infantry..

You might try this site http://marines.togetherweserved.com/ they have over 338,000 members and short of contacting a local S-1 if you are living near any, this might be the best bet to network and find the info you need. If you join the site (which is free) you can add your past units and anyone in the site that was stationed there will also be shown.

Ditto TWS, I found a bunch of buddies using that site...

The question is why? If you're trying to confirm a potential bullshit artist's story, then TWS is as reliable as Facebook or Wikipedia unless you can come across others that will answer your questions. Filing a FOIA request with HQMC is your best bet there.

If you are trying to find some comrades, then TWS is a good place to start. I've tracked down a few long lost friends that way too.

I just want to look up if someone was ever in the Brotherhood like they claim to have been that is all. Is there not like a listing of graduates from boot camp or something?

Call him out! There isn't a simple check really, but if you're questionable, then likely he isn't. Start asking questions too that may be bullshit, like if he remembers the old wooden desks at Parris Island receiving when we all remember they were steel. Or if he says he was at Lejeune and if he remembers what the name of the strip club right outside the main gate was. Everyone has been to the Driftwood...

If you want to do an official check, you can try here: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/

DRIFTWOOOOOOOOD ahahahahahahaha I loved that place!!!!

HA! I was at 29 Palms (3/11) so Ive never been to driftwood but I can see it now, pfc Schmucitelli standing there at the ATM pulling out every dollar from his Navy Federal bank account in his go fasters, jeans, retarded tucked in shirt and boot camp glasses. HAHAHA

Usually I just quiz people on basic shit a private should know or whatever their rank/ mos. If a a 03 Corporal or Sergeant doesn't remember a fuckin thing from the FMFM 6-5 then they are probably full of shit, and so on. Keep in mind doctrine does change somewhat.

The TWS site is new to me however.