• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost 68 pounds so far 30 more to go

Re: Lost 68 pounds so far 30 more to go

good for you Alaskapopo,

Stick with it until you reach your goal, then work hard and maintain.

That's awesome! keep it up.

Outstanding work

would you mind sharing your experiance?
things like eating and workout , what health differances it has made as far as energy , sleeping and overall well being

That's great news... Just remember, you've started a lifestyle change, not just lost weight. Stay working out 5-6 days a week and eat right.

Congratulations,

Can you share what you have been doing (eating/working out) over the past few months along with the hurdles you overcame?

Thanks
Ken

I started slow by working on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes 4 days a week and I started to eat pre made salads for dinner. Then I replaced what I used to eat for lunch (take out) with wraps using high fiber torte as and tuna, pickles, low fat mayo and low fat cheese, For breakfast I eat oatmeal or cheerios. I snack on fruits and vegetables. I usually eat steamed vegetables later at night when I get hungry with lemon juice and a little tiny bit of low fat butter. I then bumped up my work out to running 6 days a week. I ran outside at first now since its cold I use a tread mill. I am currently running 30 minutes at 7 mph with a 5 minute cool down at 6.4 miles per hour. I mix it up with intervals like hills. Once I am done on the treadmill I go to the elliptical machine for 30 minutes. After that I do 3 sets of 75 crunches. I take Sunday off and that is when I go to shooting matches. I also have a good meal that I want on this day. (My cheat day)
When I get to the weight I want to be I will cut out the elliptical machine and do 30 minutes of running and 30 to 45 minutes of weight training. I was doing weights but I hurt my shoulder so I am taking it easy on that part of my body for a while. After the weight comes off I want to build strength. My endurance has improved a lot. I do sleep better. My shooting has improved. Not so much the pistol and the shotgun stuff, but my rifle shooting on long stages where I used to get winded. I have a ton more energy. I ended up having to wrestle with a drunk the other day to get him into cuffs (not so drunk he could not fight) and I did not get winded. I am also off my blood pressure meds. I am down to 130 over 80 typically now.
Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I started slow by working on the eliptical machine for 30 minutes 4 days a week and I started to eat pre made salads for dinner. Then I replaced what I used to eat for lunch (take out) with wraps using high fiber torteas and tuna, pickles, low fat mayo and low fat cheese, For breakfast I eat oatmeal or cheerios. I snack on fruits and vegitables. I usually eat steamed vegitables later at night when I get hungry with lemon juise and a little tiny bit of low fat butter. I then bumped up my work out to running 6 days a week. I ran out side at first now since its cold I use a tread mill. I am currently running 30 minutes at 7 mph with a 5 minute cool down at 6.4 miles per hour. I mix it up with intervals like hills. Once I am done on the treadmill I go to the eliptical machine for 30 minutes. After that I do 3 sets of 75 crunches. I take sunday off and that is when I go to shooting matches. I also have a good meal that I want on this day. (my cheat day)
When I get to the weight I want to be I will cut out the eliptical machine and do 30 minutes of running and 30 to 45 minutes of weight training. I was doing weights but I hurt my shoulder so I am taking it easy on that part of my body for a while. After the weight comes off I want to build strength. My endurance has improved a lot. I do sleep better. My shooting has improved. Not so much the pistol and the shotgun stuff, but my rifle shooting on long stages where I used to get winded. I have a ton more energy. I ended up having to wrestle with a drunk the other day to get him into cuffs (not so drunk he could not fight) and I did not get winded. I am also off my blood pressure meds. I am down to 130 over 80 typically now.
Pat </div></div>

That's awesome man, thanks for sharing. In our line of work being healthy and in shape is a must in order for us to go home at the end of the day.

Keep up the good work, keep us updated and above all, stay safe.

Keep up the good work. When you are ready to start weight training, start out with simple stuff like full body routines using compound exercises. Starting Strength is a great beginner program or a more advanced routine like Kyle McDonalds bulking program is real good also. Weight 3x a week and Cardio 3x a week.

Hey thats great to hear! I was also exactly 298lbs about a month ago when I started losing weight. Been hitting the gym 5 days a week, mostly riding the bikes, but also lifting a little each day. I have lost 19lbs to date, and can feel the difference already. Props to you for posting this, it makes me happy to see someone else on here already went through what I'm doing now.

Glad to see you started. It was really hard at first but now I like working out.
Pat

Thanks Pat,

I started down this road a few months back, but fell off the wagon after a fishing trip to Canada. Great to know that what I was beginning to do has worked for somebody else.

Please keep us posted on your progress. I know it will at least help inspire me.
Ken

Down to 228 which is 70 down from when I started. I upped the speed on the treadmill to 7.2 and gotin just over 4 miles in 35 minutes.
Pat

Keep going brother!

One of the best ways to keep improving is to get addicted to the results and compete with yourself. Keep a spreadsheet of your distances and times, and always try to beat the last one, even if it's by a few seconds.

--Fargo007

down to 226 now. Went in for my annual check up and found my Cholesteral levels much better.
HDL 39 (needs to go up a touch)
LDL 104 (needs to go down a touch)
Tryglicerides (169 down from 369 a year ago still needs to go down a bit more)
Blood pressure 124 over 74 resting pulse 50.
Pat

Might wanna consider a heavy bag for a good workout--burns calories like crazy and you learn a skill as well.

Good job on the weight loss, thats a lot of hard work!!

Lived in Homer for about 5 years, cross country really burns cal. low impact on knees.
PS Great going keep it up

I love to hear a good success story! Keep up the good work. I know you will hit your goal!

You have done yourself well brother!!! Keep up the good work!! I know you must be proud to have come so far!!

When you big guys start dropping the pounds, it is an inspiration for all of us. I have never been really big, but I have had a bit over 200# on my short thick frame. I was really uncomfortable.

Keep at it and good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unsichtbar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lived in Homer for about 5 years, cross country really burns cal. low impact on knees.
PS Great going keep it up</div></div> I lived in Fairbanks for some years in the 90's and I can tell you that cross-country skiing will work all parts of your body - great work out and it gets you off the treadmills that can effect the knees sometimes.

I am glad to hear you are doing this - no disrespect but there is nothing worse than seeing a fat police officer. It just looks bad.

Way to go - love to hear success stories; this really motivates me. I just started 2 days ago (265 lbs) - hope to be at my target by June/July of this year (200 lbs).

I am almost in the same situation as you. One year ago my life settled down and I thought it was time to lose some weight. I am 5'10" and was at 292, now down to 218. People ask me how I did it and I simply say "burn more calories than you eat", it really is that simply. I starting with p90x, now I bought some free weights and do heavy lifting 3 times a week and cardio twice. I use an online calorie tracker and try to stay under 2500 calories a day while eating lots of protein. I love to cook and eat so this part is the hardest for me. Not a big fan of sweets and find soda disgusting so that part is easy.
It really is amazing how much mobility you gain knocking off 70 pounds. I am now the lightest I have been since high school.

Reading about your success helped get me started on a serious weight loss plan. Im 5'11" and when starting my get healthy loose weight plan I was 230lbs. I too was tired of carrying around extra weight in the gut and was way outa shape. I started shortly after the begining of this January and to date Im down 15lbs. Ive been bicycling as much as I can and have been cutting down my calorie intake. Im using an App on my Ipod touch called Loose It. Its been very helpful in keeping track of what I eat as well as calories burned when exercising. So just wanted to share my success and give you props for your succes as well as thank you for your motivation. Life is to short to live unhealthy I feel so much better not slugish and yuck like I used to and seeing the results when I step on the scale is super encouraging. I want to get down to about 185 ultimately so about a third of the way there.

sounds like lots of people here are getting motivated and working hard.

I was able to lose 15lbs fairly quick but since quit working out as much and relaxed a little on my diet so i have stalled out.

reading some of this definitely serves as motivation to get back on top of things and get to my target weight.

keep it up everyone

You just made my day. I love it when people say that obesity is a disease... I always wanna punch them in the throat. It's a person being lazy. You're a perfect example. Keep it up!!!

Nice work!! Stay dedicated!!! Running is the best way to shed weight, IMO. And watch those calories.

We may be twins, I was 285 and started 2 weeks ago on the same quest. IT s hard, especially at 51. But I am determined and have lost 6 lbs so far, walking uphill, running, and elipsing and TRYING to eat better MOST of the time.

There's a movie I watched a couple weeks ago: Sick, Fat, and Nearly Dead.

I don't really agree with all the stuff that was said in it, but it really made an impression on me. Especially some of the peoples' attitude toward life and health.

It's a good 2 hours spent, even if you don't need to loose the weight.

Congrats man, im on the same quest right now!

I started at 305lbs about 5 months ago, and im down to 265 right now. I got sidelined with a torn bicep for a bit, but im just getting back rolling again full steam ahead!

Congrats guys. I'm on the same path... I was 278.2 a week ago and now I'm down 4 lbs. I actually started a podcast and website to help keep me accountable. Its at www.Fat2FitHQ.com

I use the lose it app along with a fitbit to track my activity and a fitbit scale to automatically upload my weight every weigh in. Technology sure makes calorie counting easy.

I like fat popo better!
grin.gif

wow there are a lot of great stories in here. I am down 50 lbs from last memorial day when I was at 237. Currently 188 so I guess 49 lbs today. I am 5-10 and would like to be a flat 180 !!

You are doing good efforts to lose your extra body weight.
I appreciate all your weight loss efforts. You should carry on all these weight loss efforts to succeed in your purpose.
You should also follow a strict weight loss diet plan along with this workout.