• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lost another one this morning UPDATED

That was a rough week. Here is a recent pic of Krieger and his 8 month old partner in crime, Heidi.

20220831_133741.jpg

Geist was 111lb, and Val was 60lb. Krieger is going to be on the smaller side. He is around 65lb and 1.5 years old, Heidi is already pushing 80lb at 8 months.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Losing a pet is as bad as any other family member. Often times worse. When they are feeling bad they can't tell you what hurts. Our last pet started having seizures when she turned 4. Out of the blue. Frightening to watch. I (think) could tell in her eyes that she was just scared near the end. Starting to tear up just thinking about it. We lost her way too early in her life.

We got another one a few weeks later. Was not meant as a replacement. We weren't even looking for another. I think the Lord knew we were hurting and sent him our way. Cuddled his way right into our hearts.

I think pet people (for the most part) are a special kind of people that have a place in their hearts that others who do not like pets, or any other animals for that matter, just plain do not have.

People who hurt animals, any animals... well I just won't say. I very much dislike them.

OP, I am glad you found a new friend, or maybe the other way around. May your family heal and fall in love again.

Updated in post 50

Last Thursday my weimaraners got out of the house by accident and it was about 45 minutes before I realized they were gone. I found my 13 year old female, Val, in the alley behind my house. I didn't find my 4 year old male Geist. I looked for him from around 0740 until dark, driving 300+miles of residential streets to no avail. He got hit by a car and killed right after dark about a mile from the house. I had driven that road 15 times that day. What a kick in the balls.

Val, has been getting toward the end of life for a while now. She's 13 and had some tumors that I assume has invaded her gut. She hadn't eaten in 3 days and started throwing up blood last night. I put her down this morning and buried her next to Geist.

Its been a shitty week for me and the wife, sorry to vent, but I needed to write it down somewhere. Today is the first day we haven't had a dog in the house in over 13 years. It feels weird.
View attachment 7577066

View attachment 7577069
Totally sorry to hear that. The only condolence is that the passing of one pet opens the door for the arrival of another. And baby puppies are so cute!!!

So look forward to hearing about your new buddies!

How do they do with small kids? I have always like them but haven’t read up enough.

Very good looking pups and sorry for the loss.

I have an aging blue pit that’s gonna be a ROUGH day. He has been my best friend for the past 12 years.

Losing a pet sucks. My 2 boykin spaniels aggravate the shit out of me and both are less than 2. I was thinking just the other night how bad it will be when that day comes for either of them.
So sorry for your loss of the others. The pups are gorgeous.

Reactions: retrieverman