• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing louisiana precision rifles

aynorpd

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
conway sc
Ones that has had rifles built by Mr William Roscoe let me know what yall think of his builds and his CS. I have all but made my decision but want a comformation of what everyone else has experinced from this riflesmith.

Re: louisiana precision rifles

seriously dude???? Roscoe is the shit. He builds a hell of a gun, have you not searched here and read the reviews of his work? Id start there.

William will take good care of you. Send your parts without concern.

Trilogymac

I had him true an action and chamber a barrel for me a few months back. The whole experience was very good, he did what I asked him to do and met the completion date he gave me. Customer service and work is top notch!

PS: Its a shooter!! He is the first one I will call for my next build.

zxpttd.jpg

Here is mine it was just finished and shipped back this week. William is a total pro and I would not hesitate to send him your project. He took all ten billion of my calls and 10 times as many questions and never once gave me a funky feeling. check out my sps tactical done thread for more information and range reports.

judging only by his posts here, if i were to let someone besides myself work on my rifles, he is one of the few people i would trust to do so.

I've been waiting "forever" for him to build my 260.....okay, not really, but it feels that way
laugh.gif

William has great references and his rifles shoot from all accounts I've seen. He's got my parts right now for 1 rifle and parts on the way for a second one too, I have no doubt they'll both be done right.

Everything I have seen and heard of Mr. Roscoe has been of the highest order. As such I have been talking to him for several months since before I even started ordering parts for my current build.

The parts are with him right now and will be done very soon judging by the updates he has been giving me. The fact that he is reaching out to me to let me know how my build is progressing is almost amazing in itself compared to other gunsmiths.

I have no reservations regarding his skill as a gunsmith and his CS has been outstanding.

I'm waiting on #4 from him. They all shoot to his guarantee. Don't hesitate on sending your stuff to him. It will be right when you get it.

I have one rifle that William built.

It's a .223AI built on a Stiller Tac30 previously owned by DesertMonkey.

And my action for a new build is with him now (it's gonna be another 7RM).

His workmanship is excellent.

Allow me to put my two cents in here if you don’t mind? Roscoe has a serious case of OCD, that moves me cause I am sick like that to. I know how his mind set is no doubt, we have had many conversations about building platforms. Many Smiths talk the talk but can’t walk the walk, Roscoe can period. I have said it before and I will say it again…

“ If I was not building rifles for over 20 years I would not hesitate to have him build me a stick”

Mike
Tac Ops

I have friends and family that have used Mr. Roscoe and their stuff is incredible; and they shoot as good as they look.
I am going to check into whether he would work on the humble project I would like done by someone really good; he is my first choice from what I have seen, though I will never complain about the gap rifle I used to have but sold. I live in La. so I would choose him first; I can drive my gun over there. My opinion is not worth what others here pack with theirs, but thought I would chime in cause when I showed off my GAP to those folks that had his work, I was duly impressed and they know more than I do - into precision shooting much longer at that time than I was. They felt I had made a mistake not going to him. We will find out, soon I hope. Customer service that is great, is super to have, cause I get antsy.
dk
dk

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
“ If I was not building rifles for over 20 years I would not hesitate to have him build me a stick”

Mike
Tac Ops
</div></div>

I think this one comment speaks volumes for Mr. Roscoe's work

The cat's definitely out of the bag.

Local guys can't get a gun built while you wait anymore.
smile.gif
But I guess when you do quality work, word gets around.

I'll be sending parts Roscoe's way for my 300wm whenever I can make up my mind on actions. Deciding on him to build the rifle was the easy part. Components, on the other hand, have kicked my behind.

PS. If you guys missed it there is a Roscoe pic thread. Post your build pics for us if you don't mind.

William builds a hammer for sure

Plus like others have said he is a shooter and a great guy

He took the time to call me after he chambered the barrel and then again before shipping

He really cares about his customers and the guns he ships out

You will be happy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Allow me to put my two cents in here if you don’t mind? Roscoe has a serious case of OCD, that moves me cause I am sick like that to. I know how his mind set is no doubt, we have had many conversations about building platforms. Many Smiths talk the talk but can’t walk the walk, Roscoe can period. I have said it before and I will say it again…

Mike
Tac Ops
</div></div>

now that is a hell of an endorsement!

William came very highly recommended to me by JasonK (thanks again bro!!) and after talking to him on the phone, I knew he was going to build every rifle of mine in the future.

Not that anything more needs to be added, but...

He did some work on an FN SPR for me last year and did a great job. Good communication, fair price, and pretty quick turnaround. "scottishtornado" on here (who I shoot with quite a bit) had a .308 built by Roscoe also. That rifle SHOOTS!

I shipped my LTR off to him last week for a workover, and am still waiting on a few more parts for my 338 Edge build which he's doing. I wish he was local 'cause shipping rifles sucks, but to have them worked by Roscoe it's well worth it!

William is very very detailed . His work ethic drives him to put out some great rifles. He also is one heck of a electrician. He does great work and is agreat friend. Thanks Dave Kiff

thanks everyone for your responses i have made my decision to have Mr Roscoe build my rifle.

Hucks you will love your rifle when roscoe is done with it. William is so fricking anal about his work its scarey and his customer service is awesome. I shot a 5 shot group at 200 and it measured 1/2 inch. His rifles are more than capable of shooting below 1/4 moa but the big question is, do we have that same capability?.

Mac

William Roscoe is as good as they come...He did a great job on a "project gun" of mine recently, especially considering how much work it needed. Everything on my rifle is now top notch, and the machining is so good its almost impossible to tell where the barrel ends and the muzzle brake begins. Good communication throughout the whole process and he's more than happy to talk about various options and give good advice. Seriously, you can't go wrong with Louisiana Precision.

Don't own a rig by Wn, but I will say that onced upon a time, he willingly lent me a couple hours of ear time which proved to be some of the best advise I have ever received concerning hand reaming chambers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The cat's definitely out of the bag.

Local guys can't get a gun built while you wait anymore.
smile.gif
But I guess when you do quality work, word gets around. </div></div>

If he keeps this up he may have to quit his day job
smile.gif

I hope you have already sent it by now. William's a hell of a guy and I know you will be more than happy with the work he does!

He worked by Jim Clark my pistol smith to KG Gun-Koted my 1911 perfectly.
He chambered my Krieger that shoots em touching at 200yds then kept my phone hot during the first range session making sure the gun was shooting well.
He considers his work product a very serious, personal reflection.

How many more customers do you need to ask?

This thread is about what I would expect WMRoscoe has demonstrated his great character and skills. Without a doubt a great guy and a great builder.

Call him. That simple. He did however post that he is currently on hold for new orders in an attempt to catch up. Great guy in every way. Give him a call to be sure.