• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Love This Technology

308crosshairs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas

I finally got an opportunity to be in the new deer blind and have a hog show up. I wouldn't have known that boar was there without the new smartscouter camera that I setup at the feeder. With this camera you see what is happening pretty much in real time.

I hunted till 0200 hrs that night and woke up at 0700, while I was drinking coffee my iphone buzzed with a picture of a boar at the feeder. That's when I started grabbing my rifle and ammo. I got on the electric cart and drove to deer blind which took no more than 8 minutes. Climbed up and into the blind, placed rifle on the shooting bench to see that boar perfectly broadside, with calm winds. I already had my comeups set for 670 yrds from huntin early that morning with N/V. At the shot, boar dropped for a DRT.

That's cool! What's the details on the camera and the rifle/caliber?

The deal with a smartscouter is, you purchase a camera from them and pay a monthly fee for pictures that they process and return to you via a smart phone or your PC. The cost per month depends on how many pictures you want per month. One important thing you need for this service, is to have at least two bars showing on a smart phone at the site where smartscouter will be taking pictures. I have two of their camera's at different area's on the ranch. The average time for picture taken and when I receive it is about three minutes. They do have a web site if you want to check it out.

My rifle is a 338 LM with a Surgeon XL action, McMillan A4 stock, Krieger 26" Fluted Heavy Barrel, Badger EFR Rail, Badger FTE Brake. The bullet that I have been using for quite some time now is Nosler 250 gr Accubond.