• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lovex 73.4 powder for 5.56 and .308 ?

Justinsaneok

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2012
Ok
I scored 8 pounds of loveX 73.4 . Does anybody have any experience with this powder? I bought it as a replacement for CFE 223. Be shooting 175 grain smk in 308 And 62 grains and 556. Kind of wondering how it’s going to feed through the Dillon powder measure. If it’s going to be temperature sensitive whether or not it’s going to like light or heavy loads just a little bit about the characteristics of it. I did a search and the reloading form and didn’t find anything on it. Anybody got any opinions?

A google search shows that it is equivalent to Accurate 2230.

I shot a lot of 2230 behind cheap 55FMJ bullets and it performed as well as any ball powder I have used. Flowed well through the Dillon powder measure. It is a ball powder so it will be temperature sensitive.

1666228808547.png

There is a 65 grain bullet load .

I shot a lot of 2230 behind cheap 55FMJ bullets and it performed as well as any ball powder I have used. Flowed well through the Dillon powder measure. It is a ball powder so it will be temperature sensitive.
Ya I had a 25gr load with ramshot tac and 55fmj that shot great for a target plinking round for punching paper and ringing steel but that stuff leaked out of my powder measure slide bar all over, it was really annoying. CFE was my all time favorite. If I can find it it’s a pound at a time and stupid expensive. I got this lovex for 208$ for 8lbs figured I better get it.

Ya I had a 25gr load with ramshot tac and 55fmj that shot great for a target plinking round for punching paper and ringing steel but that stuff leaked out of my powder measure slide bar all over, it was really annoying. CFE was my all time favorite. If I can find it it’s a pound at a time and stupid expensive. I got this lovex for 208$ for 8lbs figured I better get it.
I've run 2230, TAC, and now run a very fine surplus ball powder in my Dillon measure and have no issues. I would contact Dillon if you are having leakage problems and see if they have suggestions.

Reactions: Justinsaneok

CFE is ball powder and I found it to be the least temp sensitive with the smallest extreme or standard deviation in all situations out of most similar burn rate powders I tried before I settled on it . I can’t find the CFE223 around me . Or I would definitely be using it. It was .25moa 2650fps 46.2gr 175gr SMK m118 lr brass GMM primers .1 off the lands in the 700 and .5 moa .3 off the lands in the FAL
I hope this lovex works good.

I've shot SW AR Plus in my. 308 gasser. It didn't give me good results... But honestly, that's not a fair statement because that gun is so damn finicky.

I've got close to 6 lbs of it sitting on the shelf that I need to use up though... May try it out in .223/5.56 with 69 gr SMK's and see how it does.

If it's worth talking about I'll let you know.

Mike

I've shot SW AR Plus in my. 308 gasser. It didn't give me good results... But honestly, that's not a fair statement because that gun is so damn finicky.

I've got close to 6 lbs of it sitting on the shelf that I need to use up though... May try it out in .223/5.56 with 69 gr SMK's and see how it does.

If it's worth talking about I'll let you know.

Mike
Awesome let me know .

Reactions: OkieMike