• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LOWA Zephyr GTX Hi TF

MarkLeupold

On board the .25 train
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
I'm looking into a new pair of boots and I've been looking at these. Heard some great stuff about LOWA's, but just wanted to check on here first. Never spent over $150 on boots, so I want to be sure. Any personal experience? How about size and fit, say compared to running shoes?

Mine have been true to size. But both pair I owned tore on the top outer stitching that would be over pinky toe with minimal use. One pair was tan one was black. Maybe I got unlucky twice. Now I wear Salomons or asolo boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are so worn that I can't read the tags anymore but I'm almost positive I went up a half size, but I also added better insoles, so that may have been why.

I have a pair of Zephyr GTX and they very comfortable with decent support. They are not stiff like a traditional hiking boot and probably not as durable as Asolo's but never regretted buying them. They fit true to size and I am a normal width size 13.

Last edited:
I've had two pair over the last 5 years. With my latest getting close to 3 years. They truly are an amazing boot and I will be buying another pair when needed.

I'm on my second and third pair, one for what I laughingly refer to as work, or fishing, or shooting. one for town. I'm pleased with them as they have stood up to the stress of my petite #260+ without a whimper. Learned on my first pair to be careful where you dry them ( very low / no heat ). Also they don't particularly like to be exposed to the ejecta of an air arc. I wear a full size bigger than in my Whites.

I'm on my second and third pair, one for what I laughingly refer to as work, or fishing, or shooting. one for town. I'm pleased with them as they have stood up to the stress of my petite #260+ without a whimper. Learned on my first pair to be careful where you dry them ( very low / no heat ). Also they don't particularly like to be exposed to the ejecta of an air arc. I wear a full size bigger than in my Whites.

So, by no/low heat, would they be fine on a Peet Drier?

I believe so depending on the temp. I guess I wouldn't worry unless you were feeding the Peet really hot air. My bride curled the toes up like sleigh runners on my first pair. Threw them on a heat register. They shed water pretty good ,.unless the water is deeper than the shoe top that is

True to size for the pair I had in 13W, but wore out in about 15 months. Damn comfortable, but I shifted to Asolo for the endurance factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a set last year after my Danner's went tits up. Been a good boot. very comfortable, but sometimes it seems like a stiffer sole would provide more support. I guess its a balance. True to size

Cool! Thanks for the responses! I've been hearing about Asolos a lot. Should I be looking at them too before I make a final decision?

I've been wearing Asolo FSN 95 GTX's for ranching and shooting for probably 10 years. Best boot ever as far as I am concerned, but they discontinued them a couple years back. I bought 3 pair when I heard they were going away, but i'm planning on giving the LOWA Zephyr GTX are try when i'm back in the market.

I normally wear a size 13 but require a size 14 in the Lowa Zephyr. I've been wearing them almost exclusively since they came out in 2006. A great boot!

I had a pair of the Lowa's and had to take em back after 3 times worn. They started to break down WAY before they should've. REI took em back no questions asked and I got a pair of Asolo's. They are the best most comfortable boots I've ever had. Worth the $250+ I paid