• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lower Parts Kit Preferences

OK.

I have used a few different ones, starting with CMMG (I think) way back when. Then some Aero, JP, WMD and Strike. I will always order without grip/trigger, since I will never want to use the defaults that come with the kits. They all work. Some are nicer than others.

Sooner or later, you might find yourself needed trigger anti-walk pins/sets.

You always want more springs than you need, and extra, when you start launching stuff by accident during assembly. Oh, and For Fucks Sake, always get extra c-clips for the dust cover rods.

So far I've used CMMG, Aero and Strike. Have zero complaints with all the of them. Honestly the only lower part I've had an issue with is a no name Ambi safety was less than 20$ and I know why, just sloppy in every dimension.

The best LPK for the proper packaging and material used plus feature set (ambi safety) is the Daniel Defense LPK. Also Wilson Combat makes nice LPK. Aero is bare minimum. All should use Larue MBT2s or G SSA/SSAe/SDe, I’d buy two MBT2s

Not really sure what you mean here. What is the difference? I would think if there was one, there would be some marketing behind it.

I used a bunch of different LPK's over the years and never really had an issue with any of them. The Geissele Ultra Duty is now my favorite, but I use the Posi-snap safeties. I use Aero for my cheaper builds.

Safety detent spring goes into the grip, definitely not threaded for set screw. Anymore I just buy the oops kits and then use the parts I want. Being a lefty everything gets swapped anyway. FCD makes the smoothest safeties I have tried and the most ergo easy to use ambi mag release I have tried. Wilson combat bolt catch with the paddle to the rear, And a geissele SD-E for trigger

Colt, LMT, is my preference
I recently used Geiselle in build and it was nice. The boys did their ARs with the Anderson upgraded kit with the ss trigger and they were great

as long as you have mil spec, which a lot are not, you should be fine. Stick to Colt, LMT and Aero for mil spec. Geiselle is not interestingly enough. Then again, I doubt anyone would benefit from cadmium in artic conditions. Aero is fine as well, people like BCM although I've never used them
The only thing colt on anything new marked colt is the name. Colt is shit.

I have never used a complete colt lpk. I have used and keep in stock some minor colt parts. I have never had an issue. However, I have never felt the need to pay the premium price for a colt lpk. After building and stripping and rebuilding many lowers, I do have my preference. When SOLGW lpk’s have gone on sale, I stock up. Probably have a dozen and a few sionics.

The one company that I refuse to buy anything from is LMT. I have had the worst luck with them and multiple negative CS contacts.

I have used BCM LPK. They were great but I don’t like to pay extra for parts I don’t want.

Cheers, Steve

stop, don't let the world know your ignorance if you can help it
Clearly you just did. Colt hasn't been relevent since the mid 80's. But hey you do you and keep buying the shit they put out based on that little horsie and pretend it is pre-85 Colt. Or buy yourself a better gun from one of the better American makers out there. I would take a BCM, DD, Larue, Armalight, Giesselle over a Colt every day of the week.

There was good discussion on lower parts kits and item durability, in the thread on GarandThumb's cold weather video.

Reactions: Obi-WanKannoli
Clearly you just did. Colt hasn't been relevent since the mid 80's. But hey you do you and keep buying the shit they put out based on that little horsie and pretend it is pre-85 Colt. Or buy yourself a better gun from one of the better American makers out there. I would take a BCM, DD, Larue, Armalight, Giesselle over a Colt every day of the week.
you're ridiculous. By all accounts, current Colts are still up to snuff, plenty of reports and usage out there to confirm
on your comment regarding better guns, please qualify better. BCM bills itself as 'colt like', DD is overpriced and wouldn't keep it if you gave it to me besides for the money, Centurion Arms buries them, Gieselle is the company litered with qc issues and by all accounts over past year they have bcm like accuracy which is to say no accuracy. Armalite..lol,,,now you're being stupid and LaRue, hard pass, nice barrels but again , Centurion Arms in that 1200-1800 range. If you're paying more than that for your larue your just being foolish

Now I speak from experience. I've had all the rifles you mentioned, multiple in fact, except for the Gieselle and guess what, my socoms were more accurate them all except the larue but it was an older larue, not the new ones. Older larues in my experience were more accurate, akin to noveske post John.

You want quality, reliability, accuracy you start with Colt, you move up to Centurion Arms/Noveske, JP, and then you go kac/lmt. Each has it's pricepoint for what you want but BCM, Gieselle, DD are all overrated and overpriced for performance you get. LaRue has become hit or miss, most hit I'll admit and like them but still a hard pass on price

Shit, I've yet to see a socom that isn't moa or better and you can't make that claim about bcm, gieselle or dd, you can't say it consisently

armalite lol JHC can't believe you put that in there

Not really sure what you mean here. What is the difference? I would think if there was one, there would be some marketing behind it.
Material used as in parts spec metallurgy as well as DD packaging is air tight sealed (long term storage) and comes with ambi safety and great grip all about 115bucks so to me it’s the best overall. go to their site and read the LPK description they do market it

Material used as in parts spec metallurgy as well as DD packaging is air tight sealed (long term storage) and comes with ambi safety and great grip all about 115bucks so to me it’s the best overall. go to their site and read the LPK description they do market it
Ah, okay. I see what you mean. I did buy one of these years ago as a maintenance item and still have not opened it. You're right, the packaging is a nice touch.