• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowest Common Denominator

Earlier in this thread some people were saying that the reason the outdoor equipment was not running was usually the capacitor. I listed several of the common reasons that were not capacitors. Earwigs stuck between the contacts on the contactor ranks way up on that list.
Soooo, I wasn’t very far off……..;)

We had a couple fed pacific panels in the plant at my work. Boss balked at replacing them. Then I sent him a few articles about the issues, the ruling by Life Safety, and some pictures of places burned down due to the panels. He reluctantly agreed to replace them. I may/may not have mentioned the situation to some corporate types that were visiting at one point.

Several years ago I was in an old mom and pop country store. They had a little bit of everything. As I browsed around I came across a box of double pole FP breakers. I asked the old guy how much for the box. He said $40. I didn't bat an eye and handed him the money. There was probably forty of them in the box. I sold every one of them for forty dollars each.

Earlier in this thread some people were saying that the reason the outdoor equipment was not running was usually the capacitor. I listed several of the common reasons that were not capacitors. Earwigs stuck between the contacts on the contactor ranks way up on that list.
I've cleaned my share of ants out of pool pumps. I was replacing a pump last week and found a crispy fried lizard corpse laying across the buss bars in the timer panel. I guess I should have snapped a pic?

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC