• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Lowest ring height one piece mount

Fletcher/AAC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2008
ATL
I see that Near MFG makes one that looks fairly low, but they don't list any info on their site. I saw someone mention in the EE that his was somewhere between .84" and .87". Does anyone know the height of the lowest 30mm Alphamount?

Are there any other manufacturers that I haven't seen? It seems as though ADM, Bobro, Larue, Spuhr, and GDI don't have any one piece rings that are under 1" high, is that correct?

I would think that there is demand in the industry for mounts like this, and it seems as though Near MFG was able to do it (based off of photos only, not real measurements), so if it is possible, why has it only been done by one company?

Re: Lowest ring height one piece mount

Near is the lowest I've seen and I've owned a few. Call Richard, he'll have the answers and is a nice guy to speak to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Near is the lowest I've seen and I've owned a few. Call Richard, he'll have the answers and is a nice guy to speak to.</div></div>

Yes Near MFG,

I've had 2 Near 30mm Low Alpha hunters! They are a direct mount to the action, mine had 20Moa built in also. They are extremely well made and perfect for my PMII10x42 and Victory 2.5-10x42, just enough clearance for flip ups.

I would take JasonKs advice and talk to Richard! he will even custom make you something for your needs

Cheers

Out lowest one piece is 30mm/1,18" and we previously had a model that was 1,1"
Problem with low unimounts for picatinny is that the housing where the knobs are often goes that deep down that it causes problems agasint the mount if made any lower.
That is why we went from 1,1" to 1,18" to give clearance for the scope.

Håkan

This is not my photo, but to illustrate what I am taking about this is the lowest Near mount and there is obviously still room for the turret box.

While I understand that there would be issues with some scopes, I think that most 30mm scopes would fit.

89abdadb.jpg