• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

LPK and UPK

turbohardtop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Austin, TX
I am getting parts to put an AR together and was wondering are there much differences in different brands of the upper and lower parts kit, minus the trigger? Which do you prefer? Thanks.

I prefer the White Oak Armament LPK due to it not coming with a trigger. This saves you $30-$40 you can put towards a Geissele.
Daniel Defense and CMT are the other two I would reccommend if you dont plan on swapping the trigger.

The upper parts are pretty much all the same.

Last edited:
JP also has a LPK that does not include a trigger and is considered top quality. Rock River Arms sells a LPK that is excellent IMO and you can get the Rock River kit with a two stage national match trigger that provides a trigger upgrade if you don't want to spend the coin on the Geissele. I run the Rock River kits in most of my AR's and they are good.

Rock river are my favorite parts kits. The roll pins from rr kits fit better than any others I have used.

I purchased an LPK w/out FCG and UPK from Palmetto State Armory for $25 each when they went on sale. Ironically enough, I only needed the springs and detents from the LPK. Everything else was aftermarket. Joe Bob Outfitters will sell you an LPK w/out FCG for 24.95 when you buy certain triggers.