• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LPVO department letterhead

Omegon25

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2019
Shot in the dark here.. Any LEO in here that would be able to point me in the right direction to find established verbage in Memo form for approval of a Lower powered variable optic for departmental approval?

I don't have anything personally but the Vortex LE guy I know may be able to help you. Let me see if I can dig up his info.

Reactions: Omegon25
Shot in the dark here.. Any LEO in here that would be able to point me in the right direction to find established verbage in Memo form for approval of a Lower powered variable optic for departmental approval?
I would check with your state’s credentialing agency as well. Here in Texas any optic greater than 5x on a patrol rifle is considered a sniper or precision rifle so that means depts wanting to use a 1-6/8/10x will have to have “specialized training” for it to be allowed. That is dumb as hell but rules are rules for the state and depts to abide by. 🙄

Email sage dynamics he does stuff like that a lot

Reactions: Omegon25
Terry Cross should help with this. also sign up in the mil and le section you will get lots of help their. you will also need to include approved lpvos in your request or you know what will happen.

I would check with your state’s credentialing agency as well. Here in Texas any optic greater than 5x on a patrol rifle is considered a sniper or precision rifle so that means depts wanting to use a 1-6/8/10x will have to have “specialized training” for it to be allowed. That is dumb as hell but rules are rules for the state and depts to abide by. 🙄
Typical bureaucracy.. the selling point is to have our qualified snipers roll with variable optics on swat rifles for certain ops where it’s deemed not necessary or practical to deploy a 20lb sniper rifle. We’re approved for dots with magnifiers but we’re trying to open up our options for personal choice

Reactions: 021411
It's a suggestion. Not a hard rule and up to the department.

its such an issue in texas that a primary arms (a texas company) made this optic for law enforcement only...