• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LPVO for $350?

i didn't go to the range last weekend, so that is at least a couple hundred bucks i saved in ammo cost.
you just need to learn how to rationalize your spending. :p

What’s your guys recommendation for an LPVO in this price range? Mainly used for home defense, carbine classes and general range usage. Kind of my do all gun and need a generally do all LPVO
My recommendation?

Double your budget.

Reactions: drewthebrave
First off, at least for me, anything that's gonna be a defensive weapon should have a red dot. You can add a magnifier if need be to reach out a bit, or to see details better for a more precise shot.

That said, I do have an LVPO on my 18" Larue Stealth 2.0. It's the Primary Arms 1-8 with the ACSS I took off a .308 I traded away. I love the ACSS, and even though this is a less expensive choice, and right within your ball park, even a $2,500 LVPO is still a scope, and not a sight, so it will still have "scope shadow" making it much less forgiving than a red dot when you're trying to shoot from some awkward twisted position. That's why the SBR has an Aimpoint Comp M4s.

I currently have a PA 1-6x ACSS. They can be had new for $300. The ACSS reticle is great, everything else is very much a $300 optic. That said, it's perfectly functional and got me shooting on the cheap. After about 1.5yrs I'm looking to upgrade, but I've never had any functional issues with the optic. It has the shortcomings of budget glass, but it holds zero and functions great.

That said, based on reading this thread it sounds like bumping up to the $500 used range gets you a significant jump in quality. I'm working on making the jump to the ~$1000 range since the rest of my rifle has since been upgraded way out of range of a $300 LPVO