• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LR308 w/UBR stock and HDMR scope?

LongArm

Problem Solver
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
I have a LR308 w/ a UBR stock on it. From the pictures I have seen every Bushnell HDMR looks to pushed all the way forward on the receiver. The LR308/AR10's usually have PRS or A2 stocks on them I like the ubr and run it closed. My concern is that the HDMR will need be to far forward to run a UBR (extended).

Does any one have any experience with this set up?

Everyone's face and eyes are different. Running the UBR closed could cause some eye relief issues, as well if people are running their gassers suppressed.

My HDMR ocular sits right at the rear of the receiver rail on my LR308. If I didn't run the PRS, it would be the UBR to offset the front weight of the rifle - but I don't run any AR NTCH and wouldn't run the UBR all the way forward. You're going to need about 3-4" of eye relief with the HDMR so something is going to have to give.

I have a similar setup. I run a UBR on my AR with a Viper PST (4" eye relief) and a LT158 mount. I run the stock at the 3rd setting from the rear. Check out this or other cantilevered mounts.

I will run the UBR but mostly extended for mid/long range. I am just worried that I will be short on adjustment due to the HDMR.

You should have plenty of adjustment for the stock and the scope. Here is how my Bushnell Elite scope is mounted on my lr 308. Notice that there is enough room on the scope body to move the scope approximately 1" either forward or backward without changing the position of the base on the rifle. Notice also that there is approximately 1.5" of room rearward of the scope base and 3" forward of the scope base on the rail. In all, I could move the scope back 2.5" or forward 4" all without changing rings or adding an extended rail hand guard. The eye piece already sits approximately 1" rearward of the charging handle. I have a PRS stock that is fully extended, in order to most effectively use the adjustable cheek piece.

photo_zps7b678616.jpg

I don't think you will be able to mount any scope to be usable with the UBR stock both fully extended and fully collapsed. However, I think it will be trivial to adjust your rifle to be comfortable with both the UBR and the HDMR scope.

It very well might. The point is not that this is the exact setup you are looking for, rather that between the rings and the rail there is more than enough room to accommodate all but long eye relief (scout style) scopes with virtually any single stock configuration. But, regardless of the scope chosen, you will most likely not be able to use one scope position for both a fully extended and a fully retracted stock.

I agree completely with hlee's statements. I also do not have an HDMR, just a lowly Tactical Elite, but there is plenty of room, both on the scope tube and the rail to move the scope forward or backward as needed. Like said, it's not likely you'll be able to find one single position where you can use the scope properly with the stock both closed and extended. Just my opinion.