• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lra Bipod question

distantfoe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2006
El Reno, Ok.
Hoping to get some input from folks that have tried both the LRA and Atlas bipods.

I really like the "slack" in the Atlas bipod, do the LRA brand of bipods have the same, more, or less built into the design?

I'm specifically interested in the f class bipod. Hoping it will fit an a5 stock.

By "slack" do you mean the tiny bit the rifle moves when you load the bipod? If so I would say the LRA moves less when I load it. I have the LRA light tactical not the F class. I like it a lot, but it is a little bigger and more prone to snag things.

I have the scout model, and have always used the Altas.. will never go back to the atlas. The LRA can be losened quickly with a half of turn to have more "load" ability than a altas, and can as quickly be tightened to have less than a harris, its all up to the user. Get on you will not look back

Great info guys! I like the atlas a lot but don't feel like it's up to handling a heavy 338. Sounds like the lra is a good way to go.

I have the scout model, and have always used the Altas.. will never go back to the atlas. The LRA can be losened quickly with a half of turn to have more "load" ability than a altas, and can as quickly be tightened to have less than a harris, its all up to the user. Get on you will not look back

Yeah, I have to second this recommendation. The LRAs are amazing - so damn strong, stable and able to adjust to different shooting positions. They are expensive, but they do deliver value, no doubt. I will never go back to a non-LRA bipod.

I just bought the new LRA Ultra light bipod and it's pretty slick.... I've got several Atlas' and love them....LRA is definitely sturdy.

I got a LRA f-class bipod for my 338 lapua from Ashbury Precision ordinance. excellent bipod. very well made. Pretty sure i could use it as a jack stand when im not shooting.

Lra Bipod question

I use a few of the LRA scout and light tactical models. I also have run the Atlas V8 and now the new Atlas PSR.
The LRA bipods are more stable when locked up. When loosened, they can have as much play as you want. The Atlas bipods are still lighter and more compact. So it's really a preference thing.
mura7e4u.jpg
ytysa9yr.jpg

Last edited:
So, there's a way to adjust front to back slack? I'm really trying to duplicate the Atlas's ability to load forward. I love my atlas but really would like something a bit stronger for larger calibers yet retain this feature.

I use a few of the LRA scout and light tactical models. I also have run the Atlas V8 and now the new Atlas PSR.
The LRA bipods are more stable when locked up. When loosened, they can have as much play as you want. The Atlas bipods are still lighter and more compact. So it's really a preference thing.
mura7e4u.jpg
ytysa9yr.jpg

the new Ultra light LRA bipod is about 14 oz, less than 1 oz difference in weight than the QD Atlas models...i really like the new Atlas PSR....it is great....I'm not sure which I like better...and the ultra light is $80 more but lock up and wide stance are amazing...