• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LRAaccuracy Snipers Choice bipod II

jackal1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2010
Hawaii
Anyone heard any new info on this?...there is a thread about it and seems like it was going to be made but what happened.Nothing on the website about it.

Re: LRAaccuracy Snipers Choice bipod II

Yes I do john but the option for uploading a file is a mystery for me to find.In the box I'm writing this has some options like enter an image but no option to get from my PC.If you can help me locate this option I would be glad to post some pix.

Just copy and paste the address for the thread you're talking about.

Images up.

img_0010.jpg

img_0011.jpg

John

Wow. That is crazy looking. Interesting concept, and I'm curious to see how it performs, but right off the bat it gets a bit of the WTF factor from me. Definitely an "outside of the box" design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. That is crazy looking. Interesting concept, and I'm curious to see how it performs, but right off the bat it gets a bit of the WTF factor from me. Definitely an "outside of the box" design. </div></div>

I 2nd that ! it might grow on me but right now ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OFIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kind of, big, no? </div></div>

yaaaa. I would say so. It needs to hold up the front end of a rifle,not the space shuttle.
Maybe its a prototype, but most companies don't advertise their proof of concept proto's, so who knows.

Those pictures are of Dave's Original snipers choice bipod. Here are pictures of his new Snipers choice 2 bipod. I have been testing it on my cheytac the last couple months and it works great. Mine is pre-production so it is not anodized. It is designed to rotate around the barrel axis. This model does not rotate 360 degrees but I believe it has 30 degrees rotation either way. The legs are adjustable on this one and the feet can be removed and pads clipped on. I have nothing negative to say about this bipod. It is very stable, adjustable, and lightweight considering its size. I would recommend it for large 338's and up. It is not for smaller rifles. It is a bold bipod and has an "attitude" with its look. Not for everyone but I like it. The bipod weighs approximately 2 pounds. I believe these are available if not now in a couple of weeks.

Man, look at that dirty brake...how embarrassing
wink.gif
Steve123 should be happy...
lra008_crop.jpg

lra002_crop.jpg

lra007_crop.jpg

CT375026_crop.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the bipod. FYI, this bipod has two different leg adjustment methods. The production units will use the further one which is a quick adjust.

The bipod attaches via a 5 inch picatinni rail. The swivel is locked with the black lever.
lra011_crop.jpg

lra015_crop.jpg

Great pix Kyle I never knew you were testing that.I would love to here your input about it.I was going to give Loyd a call and chat I might pick one up from him.I think you have some trigger time on some of his if I remember.

I will be sending you my Action next week when I come back from my hunt and looking forward to one of your awesome stocks.It will be one of two I will be buying but will talk to you about the second one later.

Plz give us some feedback on yor testing of that bipod I'm sure many of us are looking forward to it.
Aloha
Eric

That version I would definitely give a hard look at if I was going for the big bore ELR build. It looks like it has a tank in its blood line.

OP can you list the practical improvements from the standard Harris? I have yet to find any faults or reasons to not buy a Harris (own several). Cool designs but I'm a pragmatic shooter and those look like they take up a lot of space in a pelican case and are significantly heavier than Harris...

I have both of the versions shown. The original was designed for a 50 bmg and the newer one for smaller long range rifles. Having ing the pivot axis centered with bore helps with keeping rifle pointed at target after firing.

These are very nice to shoot from. I have one on my F TR rig and its best bipod for that I have used.

I understand he is making even a smaller lighter version but have not seen it yet.

Top Mounted Bipods

That might take some getting used to. Never seen one mount like that before.

The DSR rifles from Germany seem to have top mounted Bi-Pods; I believe they are some of the most accurate sniper system available....

The DSR rifles from Germany seem to have top mounted Bi-Pods; I believe they are some of the most accurate sniper system available....

1st post and you execute thread necrosis by bringing back a 2yr old thread from the dead. Welcome aboard.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread regarding this bipod.

Does anyone know how big of a fore end can fit inside of the SC-II bipod? I was thinking about getting a picatinny rail for my 40x rimfire, and putting a bipod like this on it.

The SCII isn't listed on the Long Range Accuracy website, is this also known as the heavy tactical bipod?

I was actually thinking about starting a thread regarding this bipod.

Does anyone know how big of a fore end can fit inside of the SC-II bipod? I was thinking about getting a picatinny rail for my 40x rimfire, and putting a bipod like this on it.

The SCII isn't listed on the Long Range Accuracy website, is this also known as the heavy tactical bipod?

I have 2 of these & a 2.6" for end is about it. I will take a few pics tonite of it on a T5, stockade stock, XLR chassis and anything else that has a pic rail on the forend. also will include forend widths.

Thank you, I would really appreciate it. It's difficult to tell with a ruler, but 40x is a bench rest style stock and the tip of the fore end is about 2.5" and get's thicker. I need to get a caliper, and get more accurate measurements.

Last edited: