• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision LRF for thermal how handy is it?

SNOW JW

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2018
Looking at thermal scope thermion xp50 or a xp50 2 lrf. I hunt wide open yotes so I'm curious how hany it is to have that built in range finder? For those that have had it could you go without? Thanks

I like it, especially with the automatically adjusting reticle.

Cow at 578 meters. (Can’t take a TTL image to save my life)

02630341-3334-4E4B-A993-A05F808581E9.jpeg

So, do you set the UTC reticle at your zero, then use it to range, even if you decide to dial on your scope? Does that explain the offset between Scope reticle and UTC reticle (not tracir reticle?)

Reactions: TheHorta
Yes, zero/zero day-scope and UTC. Then UTC reticle will shift using TracIR. You certainly could adjust your day scope to match, but I’m lazy and just use the UTC reticle. I suppose if you were set up in a hide and were engaging multiple targets in a confined area, adjusting the scope might make sense.

For Snow, the scope is a BAE UTC-X thermal clip-on interfacing in real time with a Wilcox Raptar S via TracIR.

E953D96E-AE6F-47AB-B6C2-6F43FA71CA33.jpeg

Yes, zero/zero day-scope and UTC. Then UTC reticle will shift using TracIR. You certainly could adjust your day scope to match, but I’m lazy and just use the UTC reticle. I suppose if you were set up in a hide and were engaging multiple targets in a confined area, adjusting the scope might make sense.

For Snow, the scope is a BAE UTC-X thermal clip-on interfacing in real time with a Wilcox Raptar S via TracIR.

View attachment 7489405
Thats a serious conglomerate of kit. Bravo Sir, you've made smart choices.