• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes LRS-1 for $500... good deal or keep looking?

Re: LRS-1 for $500... good deal or keep looking?

I actually negotiated a decrease in price with the dealer. He's also the builder of my rifle, and has agreed to sell it to me at cost so long as I get all the machine work done with him. He does great work, and he's a friend, so I decided to take him up on it. I was gonna have him to the work anyway.

Thanks for your input. BTW, the used scope here on the hide is a good deal. it'll be under dealer cost for a new one when shipped and insured. Someone's gonna be a lucky guy/gal.

Cheers!
Ken

Re: LRS-1 for $500... good deal or keep looking?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wv700shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually negotiated a decrease in price with the dealer. He's also the builder of my rifle, and has agreed to sell it to me at cost so long as I get all the machine work done with him. He does great work, and he's a friend, so I decided to take him up on it. I was gonna have him to the work anyway.

Thanks for your input. BTW, the used scope here on the hide is a good deal. it'll be under dealer cost for a new one when shipped and insured. Someone's gonna be a lucky guy/gal.

Cheers!
Ken </div></div>

Ken,
If the guy is building your rifle for you and he is willing to work with you on the price of the glass, it definitely makes sense to get it from him.

Shaggs,
Midway sell the LRS-1 for $424, or $459 for the IR version.
You may be thinking of the Buck Gold for $269, which looks similar, but is a 4-16x56mm with a 30mm tube instead of 35mm.
Completely different scope.