• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lucas cleaning bore guide

pklin1297

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Fontana, CA
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with Mike Lucas who made a bore guide for my Howa 1500 .308 rifle. I had a heck of a time trying to find a bore guide that would fit in the chamber of my Howa, after trying a couple of brands of bore guides to no avail (Possum was one, can't remember the other), I decided to give Mike a shout via email after someone here suggested I look him up. Email communication was great and immediate, and after giving him the details on the rifle make and caliber, the specs on the cleaning rod (mine was a Dewey coated rod for .22 cal) and my payment, the rod arrive at my door step in about two weeks, which was about two weeks early because he makes these rods in batches; to say the least, I was pleasantly surprised.
smile.gif

The bore guide is a nice piece of equipment. The guide itself is polymer with o-rings in fitment areas to stop back flow of solvents. The guide has a solvent port machined in which was nice, and in case you're wondering why he would need specs on your cleaning rod, it is because the guide comes with an insert fitted to the caliber of your rod,to center it in the guide to prevent the rod from scratching your bore. The fit was very nice on the insert, and finally I got a bore guide that can fit into the chamber of my Howa.

Anyway, here are some pictures:

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

I'm in no way affiliated with Mike's business, just want to share positive experience on a good piece of equipment. The site where I got his contact info was here: http://www.6mmbr.com/catalog/item/1433308/954882.htm

Reactions: JL6.5
Re: Lucas cleaning bore guide

SoCalPete - Mike's guides are the "dog's" - I have them for all my rifles.

Plus Mike is a great guy to deal with.

Anyone who cleans their rifles should have them!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SoCalPete - Mike's guides are the "dog's" - I have them for all my rifles.

Plus Mike is a great guy to deal with.

Anyone who cleans their rifles should have them!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

No argument there...

I'm annoyed with myself for "beating around the bush" messing with other products just to save a few bucks time and time again, which ended up costing me more money and time. I'm slowly learning that lesson to just buy once, buy the "proven" and forget about it.

Until I found out about Mike's kit I always thought all bore guides were the same.....

I've got a box of all the old ones out in the shed!

I love mine. Bought a name brand p.o.s. that broke first day. Mike's is a great piece of kit and the sleeve for your cleaning rod is a nice extra.

Nothing beats these bore guides... hands down the best.

I love mine and have nothing but confidence with my cleaning whilst using a lucas bore guide.

mike makes a great product you wont be dissapointed.

I had the same experence with mike when I ordered one for my savage. Quick responce to my email and about two week wait. Worth every minute.

Happy to here your transaction went well. I have not had such good luck. After numerous emails and phone calls, and even starting a thread here, I could never get in touch with anyone. Nor has anyone returned any of my messages.

The guides look like a nice piece of equipment. My friend has one, and he is very happy and originally recommended it to me. I would like one too, but I'm not too impressed with the service so far...

lonely_wolf, sorry to hear you've had a problem - no BS that is the furst time I've heard on any one having a problem with gettinghold of Mike.

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs.....did you double check the contact details?

Basra,
Three times over. My friend gave me the email he used. I had the contact information from the 6mmbr link. I also had contact information given to me in the thread I started.

I also have read no bad reviews and it is not my intention to give one. I have seen the product and it is good. I have no luck getting one though, and that is disappointing to say the least. An email at least saying, 'I'm too busy, try again.' would have been fine. Now, even if I was to receive an email I would be hesitant about sending money- Which I'm sure you can understand considering my personal experience.

For the hell of it, I just sent another to- lucasmjb AT windstream.net.

Never ever had a problem with Mike. His responses are timely and he ships fast too.
I have at least 5 different caliber guides and am happy with all of them. As a matter of fact, I just ordered a new one today.

I called him from Pakistan without any problem using the contact information I found online. I found Mike to be very helpful. I ordered four. He was very pleasant to deal with. After taking my order and chatting for a bit he told me the bore guides would be at my house in about a month. They guides showed up at my house three weeks later. I couldn't be happier with the bore guides or Mikes customer service.

I just ordered a couple 30 caliber inserts via email. I will see how I fare this time. I know he makes them in batches, so it can take a few weeks to get your bore guide. So long as the inserts I ordered show up by the time I get home in Feb or March I will be a happy camper.

I have three of 'em. I also have a bunch of other bore guides that sort of just lay around now, and don't earn their keep any more.

Lonely_wolf - just dug out the number I reached him on : 001803 356-0282. Hope it helps? Keep trying as they really are as good as everyone's telling you.

Looks like I did not try hard enough the first time. I arrived home and checked my email. Mike had responded. Hopefully I will have a new bore guide this Christmas.

Lucas is the best. What makes them great is the sleeve that ensures perfect alignment as you approach the throat area.

I just got an email back from Mike on the inserts. Five hours response time on a Saturday, I would say that is pretty quick especially considering it is on the weekend. I wasn't expecting to hear back from him until Monday or Tuesday. Mike's service is fantastic.

[email protected]

Another round of praise from my end. Have ordered on three separate occasions, one of them he went ahead and sent the guide even before receiving my payment. Works like a charm, just wish he could turn larger sizes for my .50 !

Cheers,
SA

Lucas +10000 great customer service and great product

I have a couple of them, and they are simply the best. Plus, they are not expensive, although they are a quality piece of equipment

Lucas is the only way to go.

does anyone know if he makes them for 50bmg? curious, and curious to cost. i need some of his for my other guns,but would want one for the big gun too.

Give him a call. He's very helpful and could probably make anything you need.

I asked Mike about .303 Enfield bore gudes. He said as long as I could provide the measurements of the bolt, he could do it.

i am going to wait a couple weeks. if i can sell my 50, i wont need one. Then i can just have him make a .308, and .223 one for me for now. and if i cant sell the 50, i will have him make one for that too, if he can.

I too followed the advise here and contacted Mike. Service was great, and a top notch piece of gear for sure.

12/4 I emailed Mike about a custom made BG. We swapped emails and pictures and he said he would have it made and delivered after Christmas. It arrived today, is a perfect fit and exactly what I needed.
What a pleasure to deal with!
Thanks Mike!

FYI Mike's AR 10 guides are just as good as those for bolt guns.