• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Luepold VX6 3-18x50

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I need some quick advice. A buddy of mine knew I was looking for a couple scopes and offered me what I think is a pretty good deal on one. But I'm not too familiar with it and wanted some opinions.

Its an as new in box Luepold VX6 3-18x50 with illuminated duplex. For 800$.

Not exactly what I needed, but it seems a real good price on an as new model. What do you guys say?

Could put it on something for hunting or on a precision 22lr.

I only have the 2-12x42. Dandy scope in the context of hunting scopes. Wish they had gone with the same pop-up turret covers that are on the vx-7s. Of course you can send it to Oregon and have a, MOA CDS turret installed for not much cabbage. FWIW, I paid $725 for mine. It is illluminated and I thought I did pretty well. Price sounds fair if it is what would suit your needs.

I went ahead and bought it. Not sure why, other than its a decent buy. l will throw it on my Kidd 22 for awhile and see how it does.

I don'treally have a dedicated hunting rifle currently, but this thing would shine on one. Just about prefect. Lightweight, very well built (I think Leupold has really improved of late) illuminated, EXCELLENT glass from what I've seen and the mag range is tough to not love.

I need to build a hunting rig, LOL

If I were to find one for $800 I would certianly buy it. Think you did well on the purchase. Pass it my way if you decide to go a different direction :)

If I were to find one for $800 I would certianly buy it. Think you did well on the purchase. Pass it my way if you decide to go a different direction :)

I'm actually likely going to be listing it for trade or sale. Just have to research and see what current market value is on a like new model. If anyone has a need for it, and a nice optic for a recce, or a nice SBR upper in 556, let me know.

I'm actually likely going to be listing it for trade or sale. Just have to research and see what current market value is on a like new model. If anyone has a need for it, and a nice optic for a recce, or a nice SBR upper in 556, let me know.

I don't have anything in trade, but I would have interest in buying. Let me know if you decide to sell it. I have a Borden 300 wsm that I'm wanting this scope on top for elk/deer hunting this fall.

I don't have anything in trade, but I would have interest in buying. Let me know if you decide to sell it. I have a Borden 300 wsm that I'm wanting this scope on top for elk/deer hunting this fall.

Responded to your pm. I'll sell it. Needing to find some glass for an AR really anyway. Let me know.