• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision luna elir3 surefire adapter

ggiddy

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2020
Does the surefire thread adapter for the luna elir3 work with surefire tailcaps "out of the box" or do you need to do any modifications to the tailcap like stretch the surfire spring?

How weatherproof is the elir3? Would the luna elir survive a night in the rain?

I recently bought a Luna with the SureFire adapter. It does not work ”out of the box”.
It’s too long. The battery moves freely inside the unit and does not make contact and it will not illuminate.

I contacted the seller and he suggested stretching the spring. That was too ghetto for my tastes, and I thought that that might explain why some people report the Luna flickering when they shoot.

I left my adapter with a coworker who has a lathe so that he could shorten it.

I haven’t gotten it back from him yet, but I should have it next week. I will let you know if he came up with a fix.

I don’t have any time with the Luna mounted, so I can’t speak to how waterproof it is. The unit itself has O-rings at the threaded joints, but the adapter doesn’t. I may have my coworker address that as well in the future.