• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lurker that just started posting.

MrFrankZ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2013
Midsouth, USA
Hello Hiders. I want to start by saying that I've really enjoyed learning from you guys in the various forums. Lots of good info and deals on equipment.
A little about me: I just got back into shooting about two years ago. After a nasty divorce 9 years ago, I changed jobs and moved to an apartment in a new city that didn't have room for my safe, so I sold all but two of my long guns (Rem 700V with a Lilja barrel and Timney trigger, and my trusty Mossy 500). Before then, I spent a fair amount of my time shooting on mine or my family's land (grew up and lived waaaay in the sticks).
Now that I am no longer travelling 26-42 weeks a year, I have started shooting/hunting again. I shoot my 700V out to 600-800, plink with my RRA AR (223 wylde), 10/22 and 300BLK (My first AR build), and hunted with my Sav 7-08 (which I just recently gave away).
I am building a 6.5 Grendel as my new stick:
  • Satern 20" (waiting since April, can't get a reply by phone or email)
  • ASA side-charge upper
  • MAGPUL PRS
  • Atlas BT10
  • AccuShot Monopod
  • Samson Evolution 15" handguard
  • Shadow Ops stripped lower (If it doesn't work out, I have a Seekins in the reserves)
  • Badger mount that I bought from a guy on here
  • Waiting to get my barrel to see the position of the gas port in relation to the hanguard to pick a gas block. I would love another switchblock, but they don't come in .936. So probably a PRI.
  • Still debating my optic and trigger. I have always been a Timney guy, but the RRA NM trigger feels mighty nice for the price. Bushnell and SWFA are my front-runners on glass right now. I've got a couple of Vortex scopes, and love them and their customer service but want to go a different direction. Got to have diversity in the stable, you know..

So that is my little diatribe. Thanks again for all of the informative, funny, and interesting posts.

Last edited: