• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns LvL 2 retention or no?

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    Ive ran Dara holsters for my last few and really like them a lot. Looking to get one for my M&P's and set up a new battle belt.
    Go to belt for shtf and for matches.

Never had a retention holster but looking at them on their site, it made me wonder if its worth it for all around extra security of the weapon in any situation, or if the tension of the kydex alone is sufficient?

Also, would you guys go with a slight drop holster over standard mount?

For what you are describing for use, definitely some type of security. As far as I’m concerned kydex holsters are only good for inside the waist belt.

I prefer active retention over passive, like the Safariland ALS, 5.11 Thumb Drive, DeSantis Facilitator.

Leather for show, kydex for go.

Reactions: BG94591
    I prefer active retention over passive, like the Safariland ALS, 5.11 Thumb Drive, DeSantis Facilitator.

Leather for show, kydex for go.
    This. If it’s for a bad scenario, I’d definitely want retention. All mine are Safariland ALS and triple retention Holsters for a battle belt. Practice practice practice.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    I second what pineoak said. The ALS is the best of both worlds for what you described. Skip the SLS hood or just remove it if you get one with both the SLS and ALS.