• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors LWRC 5.56 VS 6.8 SPC for SBR project

TheBrewMaster

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2011
SLC, Utah
I'm looking at getting a new SBR and suppressor. I heard that the 6.8 has a barrel life in the order of 3K round while the 5.56 has a barrel life around 10K rounds. Can anyone verify this?

When you shoot the barrel out of a SBR do you have to go through all the NFA stuff all over again to get a new barrel on it?

The main co I'm looking at is LWRC but I would also consider a Barrett REC7 if I can manage to get my hands on one.

I would like to get the 300 BLK in SBR that LWRC is working on but I can't find a dealer that wants to get on the phone for me because all the gun shops are neck deep in people. For that matter I can't get a local class III dealer to do anything for me right now.

Anyone with first hand experience with any of these firearms would be appreciated.

Re: LWRC 5.56 VS 6.8 SPC for SBR project

A barrel wears from heat and velocity. A 6.8 SBR will last longer than a 5.56, a hell of a lot longer than 3000 rounds anyway. Who ever told you that has their info all mixed up. The 6.8 is going to offer the most performance also. From a SBR, the 6.8 can't be beat. LWRC choose that caliber for their Six8 for a reason...

No need for NFA paperwork to get another short barrel, just buy one. Be sure you have a NFA or pistol lower though, don't want to get in the hot seat.

Thanks for the info 346ci,

Any idea how much it would cost for a barrel and to have a GOOD Smith put on a new barrel?

I might end up buying it Today.

Also what would be a good can for the 6.8 that would attach over a brake so I could use the can on other host weapons?

Barrel swaps on ARs are simple, get a bbl nut wrench and there are plenty of walk throughs on the 'net. I haven't worked on a LWRC as all mine are DI, so it might have a proprietary tool needed. LWRC does have a very helpful forum though, might try there for some better help.

If you were to pay somebody, no more than $40-$50.

I went with a TBAC 30P-1 to run on my 6.8s and .308s. While it is a thread on, Zak does make a quick attach, called the 30BA. I don't think you will find a better suppressor for least POI shift, accuracy and customer service. Wilson Combat makes a can called the Whisper, it is rated for 6.8 but the price is on par with the 30P-1. Other brands I'd look at would be SAS, Elite Iron, Gemtech, Ident Marking and Templar Tactical.

If cost and availability (relatively speaking) is an issue, perhaps the 556 is the better choice at this time. The secondary market would have a great deal more 556 stuff available.

There is no such thing as a .300blk from LWRC. Not a priority for them. If you wanna take a chance, you can wait for the LWRC 6.8 platform that they will show at SHOT and is currently shipping to the primary customer behind that project. Either caliber will take a lot of rounds before you wear out a barrel, particularly an LWRC barrel.

LWRC PSD .300BLK 8" - PSDR3B8

[PSDR3B8] $2,186.91

DescriptionManufacturerExtra Info

The revolutionary LWRCI PSD rifle offers incredible fire power in a tiny package! Smashing the paradigm that small close protection weapons be relegated to pistol-caliber submachine guns.

The LWRCI PSD rifle is outfitted with our patent-pending ARM-R rail system, featuring a removable top platform and return-to-zero reinstallation with no tools required. The carbine-length rail over a low profile gas block gives the operator their choice in rail-mounted BUIS and is ideal for optics.

The PSD rifle combines submachine gun size with a battle rifle cartridge and our ultra reliable gas-piston operating system, offering the professional shooter never-before realized capabilities in one sweet little package.

Specificiations:

Caliber: .300 BLK
Barrel: 8"
Twist: 1:8
Collapsible Buttstock
Quad Rail System

With purchase of any LWRC Rifle, you will receive a FREE 2 Day Carbine Training Course
at THOR Global Defense Group's training facility

Available Options:
Color:
*Shipping:
NFA Trust: NFA Trust Setup ( + $250.00 )
Case:

Quantity:

DUE TO THE CURRENT HIGH CALL VOLUME, PLEASE EMAIL US
THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS