• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC & LMT 308 Brass Damage

kwak

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2010
MI
For those who own one of these or have shot them, do they ruin the brass to the point that it is unusable? And if it is reloadable how many times on an average?

Re: LWRC & LMT 308 Brass Damage

So far it seems that MWS brass is pretty good. I see that from many other .308 ARs people are getting serious swipes on their case heads and some primer cupping and popping. My MWS' brass is very reloadable and in good condition.

I get on average 6-8 reloads from my REPR, and that's not due to case condition its due to how long the case gets in the chamber. I could easily cut back case seperation another 6 or so loads if I only neck sized, but I use the same load in one of my bolt guns so it's staying.

Unless something is wrong with it (overgassed for instance) AR's are pretty easy on brass. Just full length resize every time and if you like using mil brass consider getting a small base die set.

Win and LC brass are my favorites. Cheap and work well.

edit: I toss mine after 3-4 but I have had batches that went 7-8 times.