• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC M6A2 accuracy issues...

Matt in Virginia

Minuteman
Apr 24, 2001
Chesapeake, Virginia
Gentlemen,
Has anyone had any problems with the LWRC M6A2 failing to shoot up to one might expect for a $2200 AR? I realize the rifle is gas pistol gun built for reliability, however, it is far, far behind my far cheaper Rock River DI Rifles. They .5-1 MOA with Mk262. Closer to .5"... This rifle, with 16" tube runs about three times that. Thinking Noveske...

Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

Re: LWRC M6A2 accuracy issues...

I have the same model (now chopped to 10.5) and love it. As far as accuracy goes it shoots like any other AR I have ever shot(1.5-2MOA). Nothing special to them besides the included aftermarket parts and a sweet gas system.

With a 16in barrel all I expect is to be able to hit man sized steel up to 400 meters.

Honestly, the only 16" AR that I've had that was better than 1.5-2 MOA was a POF P415. I guess they just use better barrels. That POF was damned accurate! Never shot a Noveske so I can't speak of their accuracy.

Matt-
I thought the same thing, so I sent mine to LWRC to have them check it out. They sent me back a test target with two 1.75 moa groups and declared the rifle within spec.

I will say that I have probably over 2K rounds through my 2 m6a2's and have never had a single failure to feed or failure to fire.

If you want a super accurate ar15, buy all of the parts, incl a top notch barrel, and have a good smith assemble the upper for you.

Matt, I bought an LWRC upper and it shot about 5MOA....yes 5 MOA. So, yes other people have had accuracy problems with their LWRC. Crappy barrels = crappy accuracy, you figure it out...

I sold it about two weeks after getting it to an officer....that was accurate enough for his work.
smile.gif

My M6A2 shoots roughly 1.5-2 MOA with the 14 inch barrel. Not bad. But again I don't think it's intended purpose is to shoot like Robin Hood, but instead fling lead down range without ever a hiccup.

The way I look at a LWRC is that by the time I get a base Gas Piston AR and add all the things I want on it the rifle will cost me about 2K. I have a LWRC M6A2 in 6.8mm that I use for hunting. I have not spent a lot of time accracy testing it but when I took it to the range to zero it the rifle posted a couple 1.5 MOA 5 shot targets so I called it good enough for hunting. I think if you talk to LWRC they will tell you that 1.5 - 2.0 MOA is standard for their rifle. I have heard good things about Noveske rifles but they are not gas piston operated.

I have an older M6A2 upper and a new M6A3 rifle ... the A3 shoots about .5moa or so at 100yd with 60gn TAP ... the M6A2 shot .75 or so with the same ammo ... she shoots pretty well
smile.gif

I'll second what 4thseal said. My 14.7 shoots Prvi match under an inch and so does my wifes 18"DMR. Havn't played around much with handloads or other ammo since the Prvi shoots so well throught them. My 10.5's will do 1"-1.5".

My 14.7 inch M6A3 does 1 MOA with a 3X TA33 acog and decent ammo. Still haven't gotten a chance to shoot the 12.7 M6A3, but I will in the next few days and will report on that. If you have to have uber accurate, then Noveske is definitely the way to go. Or get Wes at MSTN to build an upper for you using a Noveske barrel.