• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lwrc repr or larue obr

Re: Lwrc repr or larue obr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smgrendel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why bother with those when a company has already taken those designs and made them even better and they will back it up for life. FD DEFENSE with their FD 308 and coming soon to a range near u, the most ACCURATE and RELIABLE SEMI 338 LM!! BOOTH 6108 at this year's Shot Show. Come by and say hello!</div></div>

Until you can prove the FD rifles are better and post groups, put up or shut up.

There's already been someone praising FD rifles having only purchased a proto-type for $10K (his words) and never posted anything to prove its accuracy.

It's all bullshit until it can be proven. </div></div>

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise. </div></div>

Silence can be golden... and sometimes it can be just plain yellow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FD Defense 308 with 17" barrel shot by DON HARDY pistol champ.
DSC01592.jpg

DSC01593.jpg

</div></div>

Why is it you only posted the one target and I see at least 2 others behind it? And who uses a pistol champ to test a rifle? Yeah no... It's one group and only 3 rounds. I can post the same photo and I'm no pistol champ or expert rifle shooter. Shot with FGMM 168SMK at 100 yards from a GAP-10 with ST-10.

8-22-1.jpg

8-2.jpg

Thank you hide for showing me yet another piece of equipment that i MUST have. . . Bank account prepare to get roundhouse kicked in the face! thanks for all of the good info!

Yeah the FD might be a tack driver but one 3 shot group doesn't prove much. I have a 16" Ruger Compact in 7mm08 that has done that a few times in its life. I can see how you might get to three shots and it be one good ragged hole so you quit but keep shooting. Three shot groups don't hold much water here. Not when claiming THE MOST ACCURATE etc. Shoot a few (plural) 5 round groups on one target and then post it. Not hating, just saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smgrendel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why bother with those when a company has already taken those designs and made them even better and they will back it up for life. FD DEFENSE with their FD 308 and coming soon to a range near u, the most ACCURATE and RELIABLE SEMI 338 LM!! BOOTH 6108 at this year's Shot Show. Come by and say hello!</div></div>

Until you can prove the FD rifles are better and post groups, put up or shut up.

There's already been someone praising FD rifles having only purchased a proto-type for $10K (his words) and never posted anything to prove its accuracy.

It's all bullshit until it can be proven. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Silence can be golden... and sometimes it can be just plain yellow.</span></div></div>

If your comment is directed toward me, people can say many things about me but being yellow isn't one of them whether it be in person or online.

I already commented on the group he posted <span style="font-weight: bold">HERE</span> but as redirt78 said, one group is hardly enough to prove a new platform. I'm not saying .175 MOA isn't good, hell it's a lot better than I could do, but according to their website and what the guy who posted the group didn't divulge was the average group they obtained was .443, which still isn't anything to sneeze at.

My point being, anyone can get lucky with a .175 group from time to time but when groups like that are consistent, then it becomes something to brag about, not when it's done with a single 3-shot group.

man, it's amazing what one man with a "$10,000 prototype" can do for a reputation on a forum. I imagine the FD rifle would be much better received if that clown did not drag it around the threads with him...
lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smgrendel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Silence can be golden... and sometimes it can be just plain yellow.</span></div></div>

If your comment is directed toward me, people can say many things about me but being yellow isn't one of them whether it be in person or online.
</div></div>

It wasn't aimed at you Killshot. Obviously your not the silent type
wink.gif
. I was directing the comment at the lack of response and basically calling them silent ones "Chicken" lol...

I have had the opportunity to shoot the F&D 308 and I've seen the range reports. .175 MOA was obviously the best group during the test. .443 was the average which is still very good for a semi-auto with factory loads. Whether it is the most accurate or most reliable remains to be seen after further testing, but it is worth checking out for yourself as it is well-designed top of the line rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had the opportunity to shoot the F&D 308 and I've seen the range reports. .175 MOA was obviously the best group during the test. .443 was the average which is still very good for a semi-auto with factory loads. Whether it is the most accurate or most reliable remains to be seen after further testing, but it is worth checking out for yourself as it is well-designed top of the line rifle. </div></div>

Nothing more credible than a first post on a new product

I believe I specifically requested five ten round groups on one piece of paper with all groups visible in one shot.

When you do that, you can speak on the inherent accuracy of the rifle.

ETA
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will do. I'll be posting some range time pics with factory ammo. 3 or 5 shot groups? </div></div>

Five ten-round groups. On one paper. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe I specifically requested five ten round groups on one piece of paper with all groups visible in one shot.

When you do that, you can speak on the inherent accuracy of the rifle.

ETA
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGonz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will do. I'll be posting some range time pics with factory ammo. 3 or 5 shot groups? </div></div>

Five ten-round groups. On one paper. </div></div></div></div>

Or...ten 5 round groups would even be better in terms of determining true accuracy.

If I need something that ONLY LaRue makes then I will buy from LaRue.

If ANYBODY makes something of quality that I need other than LaRue, I will buy it over a LT.

I only do this over my sincere disgust for the man that owns LT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hail Caesar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I need something that ONLY LaRue makes then I will buy from LaRue.

If ANYBODY makes something of quality that I need other than LaRue, I will buy it over a LT.

I only do this over my sincere disgust for the man that owns LT. </div></div>

wow, joined 3 days ago and with only 3 posts you have picked up on soo much. Some people are just born to follow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eternal24k</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hail Caesar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I need something that ONLY LaRue makes then I will buy from LaRue.

wow, joined 3 days ago and with only 3 posts you have picked up on soo much. Some people are just born to follow </div></div>

I joined this site 3 days ago, I wasn't born 3 days ago. I have been dealing with AR's for 3 decades. This site did not make up my opinion of M LaRue, as I had an opinion about him way before I new this site existed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eternal24k</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hail Caesar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I need something that ONLY LaRue makes then I will buy from LaRue.

wow, joined 3 days ago and with only 3 posts you have picked up on soo much. Some people are just born to follow </div></div>

It's not like he posted +1, and did you see his other 2 posts? New people are entitled to opinions. For all you know he transcended from barf.com and wanted to go somewhere with more valuable input...

The level of FANBOY bullshit in this thread has reached an all time high. The idiotic posts of the gas-piston braintrust found in this thread are emblematic of why this site has so markedly diverged from its intended course.

That a couple know-nothing, one-gun owning, bench shooting jerk-offs feel it is their obligation to bash innovation and provide such a harsh welcome for both new members and what could possibly be an innovation in the precious gas piston arena is assine.

Personally, I look forward to hearing more about the F & D .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eternal24k</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hail Caesar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I need something that ONLY LaRue makes then I will buy from LaRue.

It's not like he posted +1, and did you see his other 2 posts? New people are entitled to opinions. For all you know he transcended from barf.com and wanted to go somewhere with more valuable input...

</div></div>

I actually left AR15com years ago. I didn't need to hear bout the gun that was the best'est in the world from a guy that hte gun is the ONLY gun he/she has ever owned.

I joined this site after several years of just looking around. I actually wanted to discuss (learn about things I have zero experience with)scopes with folks here.

There is Soooooo many new and different scopes on the market now there is hardly anyway to get to see them all locally yourself or find anyone local that has experience with several different models. But given the size of the internet I can ask if anyone has a XYZP scope and a PDQR scope and what they thought of them. I would get many responses from a place like this, where in real life I may never run across someone like that in person.

Alan