• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LWRC REPR range report

claimsassassin

Private
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2009
Jackson, Alabama
I went and shot my 20" LWRC REPR yesterday for the first time. I shot handloads, LC once fired, CCI large rifle, 175g SMK's over 42.2g varget. After I got my glass zeroed, this thing was a blast to shoot. The giselle two stage is a thing of beauty. Anyways here are my four groups after zeroing my S&B 5-25.

This is the first group. The two rounds in the top left of the pic were shot during zeroing:
2011-03-03_14-46-20_945.jpg

Second:
2011-03-03_14-46-27_996.jpg

Third:
2011-03-03_14-46-34_370.jpg

Fourth:
2011-03-03_14-46-42_592.jpg

All are ten plus shot groups shot prone, 100 yards.

Re: LWRC REPR range report

What mags do you use?

Any feed problems?

Is yours post mag catch modification?

I use pmags, zero feed problems, yes it is post mag mod. It was a very pleasant shooting experience overall for me. Could shoot the gun all day if I had the time and ammo.

Congratulations on a nice rifle. Did you shoot at 100 yds? Do you have a reference length to measure group size?

yes it was a hundred yards. I didnt take a ruler or anything with me so I do not have a anything to reference group size with. Live and learn I guess.

Try some 178 amax and keep bumping the charge up a bit. For my 20" 44 grains is the sweet spot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt take a ruler or anything with me so I do not have a anything to reference group size with. Live and learn I guess</div></div>
No sweat, just put a ruler next to the holes and take another picture. Download this software: On Target Precision Calculator and voila, MOA calculated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try some 178 amax and keep bumping the charge up a bit. For my 20" 44 grains is the sweet spot. </div></div>

Have you chrono'd that load? I would love to get my hands on some 178's, seems they are in short supply now a days though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chalwie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt take a ruler or anything with me so I do not have a anything to reference group size with. Live and learn I guess</div></div>
No sweat, just put a ruler next to the holes and take another picture. Download this software: On Target Precision Calculator and voila, MOA calculated. </div></div>

Thanks. I will put one in my range bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claimsassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try some 178 amax and keep bumping the charge up a bit. For my 20" 44 grains is the sweet spot. </div></div>

Have you chrono'd that load? I would love to get my hands on some 178's, seems they are in short supply now a days though. </div></div>

Yes--the speeds out of my REPR leave a little to be desired--but the accuracy is fantastic. That load spits 'em out at a very consistent 2500fps over a CED at 10 feet.
With the proper load and some practice, you can cut your smallest group in half...and then some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claimsassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try some 178 amax and keep bumping the charge up a bit. For my 20" 44 grains is the sweet spot. </div></div>

Have you chrono'd that load? I would love to get my hands on some 178's, seems they are in short supply now a days though. </div></div>

Yes--the speeds out of my REPR leave a little to be desired--but the accuracy is fantastic. That load spits 'em out at a very consistent 2500fps over a CED at 10 feet.
With the proper load and some practice, you can cut your smallest group in half...and then some. </div></div>

Very cool. Is that the largest projo that you shoot out of it. I have a box of AMAX 208's I bought for a bolt, and almost loaded some just to see what they would do.

The first 10 round group I shot with my 20 inch REPR using 168 gr Federal Gold Medal Match.

This was shot from a bipod and a rear monopod. I do believe that if I had sandbags I could have tightened it up a tad.
DSC_0041-vi.jpg

It's pretty easy to make a reasonable estimate just from the picture. Call the outside edge of the hole 0.3", which on my computer screen measures exactly 1 cm. By that approach, the first group at the top has a horizontal dispersion of 1.8 MOA and a vertical of 1.1 MOA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claimsassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: claimsassassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try some 178 amax and keep bumping the charge up a bit. For my 20" 44 grains is the sweet spot. </div></div>

With the proper load and some practice, you can cut your smallest group in half...and then some. </div></div>

Very cool. Is that the largest projo that you shoot out of it. I have a box of AMAX 208's I bought for a bolt, and almost loaded some just to see what they would do. </div></div>

I also shot 185 Scenars out of it--which were very accurate as well.

One thing to add. I noticed today that the gas block selector knob was very hard, well impossible to turn by hand. This is with less than a hundred rounds. Found that kinda odd, but overall a pleasant shooting experience.

Clean it to the best of your ability and use a dry film lube.... Should work just fine

Yeah, LWRC recommends a break in process for the gas block dial. Lubricate often and constantly turn it while doing your initial break in.

Then use dry lube after cleaning.

Mine turns freely now but obviously during shooting you need a tool to turn it....it gets way freakin hot.

Taking my POF P308 to the range Saturday I'll have a range report on it and all the equipment after that. I don't have a scope but I have Troy micros well see how it does at 100yds.

Nice shooting by the way.

My repr had no problems withe the gas knob turning during the first 200 rounds.....maybe i just lubes it well but it was never hard to turn.

One of the coolest things about the repr gas piston system is that you can shoot it suppressed like a bolt gun...very cool feature.