• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC Spiral Fluted 16 inch barrel REPR! Colors?

chainring

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
TEXAS
Ok, the guys at LWRC posted these pictures...and that is about all we know!

No timeframes yet.

One thing that MIGHT be up in the air at this point is what color comes first.

So, vote for the color you would choose if you were to buy one!

spiralrepr.jpg

spiralrepr2.jpg

Re: LWRC Spiral Fluted 16 inch barrel REPR! Colors?

I won't be getting one, but I voted for Black and FDE (since 2 choices were allowed).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't be getting one, but I voted for Black and FDE (since 2 choices were allowed). </div></div>

Same here.

Dude...Patriot Brown....

spr02.jpg

Yeah, I'll admit that I voted for Patriot Brown or OD.
Black and FDE are so...tired!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Go with Patriot Brown and get Magpul FDE furniture.

You mean like this?
smile.gif

556 SPR upper on a Larue lower
DSC09310.jpg

DSC09309.jpg

Yeah, the pictures are of an SPR in Patriot Brown with FDE hardware. I like the contrast. Gives you a pretty good idea what a spiral REPR would look like in Patriot Brown, too! LWRC's FDE pretty well matches Magpul FDE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, the pictures are of an SPR in Patriot Brown with FDE hardware. I like the contrast. Gives you a pretty good idea what a spiral REPR would look like in Patriot Brown, too! LWRC's FDE pretty well matches Magpul FDE. </div></div>

Is the furniture really that light in comparison?

Yeah, Patriot Brown is darker than FDE. LWRC also does FDE, but I much prefer the darker brown of the PB.

DSC09311.jpg

DSC09316.jpg

Either the Patriot Brown or the FDE. My 20" REPR is the FDE...need to start saving for one of these uppers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The LaRue and the LWRC are close as you said...... </div></div>

I sent the Larue lower off to Amelon Firearms for Patriot Brown Cerakote. It's a perfect match, even better than I had hoped. Now if I can swing a PB REPR...
smile.gif

I have a .22 with helical flutes. Looks pretty bad ass in my opinion!

22-2-1.jpg

You're dang right it does.

is the patriot brown a coating like ceracoat or is it anadized

The old MRE color was an anodizing, but the PB is cerakote. They are pretty close in color, though. The SPR at the bottom is Patriot Brown, and the A3 at the top is MRE.

DSC09279.jpg

I'm hoping they start putting the folding charging handles on them by the time these make it out - or at least have them available for retrofit.

I dont care about the color I just want to shoot the hell out of it. I had to vote for O.D. green though, every thing else i own is green.

I really like the OD green and voted for it second only to Patriot Brown. Anything but black, as far as I'm concerned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You mean like this?
smile.gif

556 SPR upper on a Larue lower
DSC09310.jpg

DSC09309.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet looking rifle!!!

Thanks! Now I want it's big brother!
smile.gif

I know a couple guys at LWRC if you want me to call and ask what the plan is?

Heck yeah, PM me if you find out any info - I'd hate to pin 'em down on the forum. I know how schedules can change. I'm just saving up and hoping to be ready when they become available!