• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lyman 1200 dps

Reit38

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
never had a problem with my 1200 till today. i let it warm up for the full time then proceded to try and calibrate. during that time the scale would not hold a steady number, just kept jumping around. check the pan and even took it off and

iit still jumped around. took of the tray that the pan sits on and doesnt seem to have anything on it. tried calling Lyman buy all operators are helping with orders as of 3pm eastern time

anyone have this problem with theirs, or any other electronic dispenser/scale?

any ideas on what could be going on

I had, repeat had a Lyman 1200 and it would never hold a zero. Even when you tossed a charge that say weighed 44gr. When you took the pan off the scale and placed it right back on the charge weight would read different than 44gr. Most of the time by .5gr to 1gn, plus it would always fn be beeping to recalibrate.

Are there any cell phones within 10ft of the scale as they will make it jump. Also, are you directly plugged into a wall outlet, you will sometimes get scale movement from voltage differences in the line.

I went back to the old fashioned beam scale. I do have a Denver Instrument MXX-123 and have nothing bad to say about it. It is one hell of a good electronic scale.

Terry

plugged into an extension cord. nothing has changed with my setup in 6 months

i even tried moving the unit to another room thinking maybe something was for some reason causing interference but that didnt work either

I had similar experiences with the DPS and later the Chargemaster. The problem is ultimately with the quality of the scale integrated into the package and not the actual thrower and its capabilities. Over time I've come to use it like a regular powder thrower, getting me pretty close to where I need to be, then moving to a beam scale and power tricking to the proper weight. That process for match ammo is sort of a waste as a good thrower will go faster, however for plinking ammo the DPS is just fine.

My Lyman 1200 dps took a shit about 3yrs ago. It worked pretty well up until then. Lyman offered to replace it with the new model 1200dps 3 for $100. I went for it, and it is still working well. They are picky about where you put them, and I have noticed that mine will fluctuate in a wave pattern up and down from the target weight over time. I never turn it off, & recalibrate it before every session. Sometimes powder would get stuck in the cracks under the platform, I would blow it out with compressed air.

i wondering if i was using the right power adapter. i might have been using one for my lyman cordless power case prep tool. im away for the weekend so i cant check. im also going to blow out under the platform with air and try rubbing a dryer sheet all over ( heard it has helped others)

have a new power adapter on the way. hopefully that is the problem

Had the same problem. Bought a line filter ($9.00 on eBay-2.5amp) and installed on power cord. I spray the scale and bench top with a $3.00 can of anti-static from the dollar store. Plus, I too never turn the unit off. Problem solved!!

Same problem. I had it on a carpeted bench and since moved it to the office on a hardwood bench and has been doing better.

still waiting on the new adapter to show up.

ill have to check into a line filter.

work bench is all wood

adapter finally showed up on friday. plugged the unit in and it zero'd just like it was suppose to. still probably going to add the inline filter
thanks guys