• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lyman All American 8 turret press. Anyone using it for precision work?

ViP

Alaska Precision PR1 and PR2
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2018
Canada
I did a few searches in the forum and came out empty handed. Can someone comment if this is a good press to load 6.5CM for precision shooting? Please coment on your set-up. Thanks.

I've had one for a couple of moths now and am liking it. I have it setup with 5 dies. A Lee universal decapping die flanked by a 6.5 creed full length sizer and bullet seater on one side and the same in 223 on the other. So far it has performed great for my needs and produced a few hundred rounds.

I load on two Lyman turret presses. I love them. I can produce.5 moa ammo on them. My dad uses a Redding turret and has good results also

I load on two Lyman turret presses. I love them. I can produce.5 moa ammo on them. My dad uses a Redding turret and has good results also
I just got mine. Waiting on other reloading equipment before I start loading.

Glad someone started this thread, I too have been eyeballing one of these. Most references to turret presses say they can't be used for precision loads, but don't address this Lyman particularly. I am not going for bench rest, just want a simple way to leave all the dies in and set and maybe do .223 at the same time like brettitt.

I too use a Lyman turret press for almost all of my reloads. I can't remember the name/model at the moment, but IIRC it has 7 positions on top. I bought it used about 25 years ago. Never had a problem with it, though I haven't had any Physicists from Cal-Tech certify any of its torquing procedures.

Would I like a different/fancier set-up, sure. I'd also like a Hubble to go atop my rifle, but I get by. As long as things are spec'd and set up correctly to begin with, you'll be fine.

I got ahold of a CH Auto press, to run ammo for My Lady. That's going to be fun to get running.