• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lyman's reloading manual, question?

Rude Robert

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2011
CA
Hi I bought one of these in the late 1980 and a few months ago, I bought the latest one. I have been going over it and came to a section that makes me think. I know if the brass stops growing (after resizing) then it is time to toss it. What was basically said that after 4 or 5 times of trimming the cases to length, then it is time to toss it. My question is, are they basically saying the same thing? I have annealed my cases and have almost 7 reloads on some of them. What are you guys doing in this case?

Check the cases for signs of separation. A thin bent wire can do it running it along the inside of the case. Pay attention near the head. Cases can last a couple of reloadings only but generally last for more than a dozen times. Toss them only if you confirm separation is about to happen