• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes m 223 scope mount

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
will any scope fit in this mount or does it have to be a nikkon series scope, read some reviews some say yes others say no so im coming to you guys for the correct answer

Hi. I have an M223XR scope mount on my AR platform match rifle that I specifically built for NRA Long Range rifle matches. This rifle was built to accommodate my injuries but yet placing me back in competition. I have mixed feelings about the M223XR scope mount.

I placed an 8-32x BSA Platinum scope with Mil Dot reticle in it. I realize from the beginning that this is a low end scope, but after a full season of match shooting (the latter half being F class matches), the scope is still providing outstanding service in this mount. So yes, you can mount other than Nikon scopes in this mount. The MAJOR problem I experienced was the milling and quality control in the manufacture of this mount. The first mount I used was not milled properly, and I ran out of left windage adjustments in order to zero the rifle. It seems that the base was not milled square to the attachment clamps and didn't mount square. I called customer service and they said they said they would look into it. About a week later, I received a replacement base in the mail without correspondence or explanation. I replaced the mount, and the newer base fit properly and is doing the job.

Pluses for this base. It does provide adequate extra elevation so that this BSA scope can be used for 1000 yard matches. Customer service stood behind the mount, despite the fact that their standing behind the base was a little clandestine.

The down side is that you may have to go through several bases to find one that works properly and doesn't require you to run out of windage in order to zero your rifle.

Leopold makes a comparable base (same style) but almost at 3X the price. I am not certain, if I were to do this again, if I would purchase the Nikon base or go with the more expensive Leopold base.

Just make certain that you are trying to mount a 1" tube scope in this mount, and not a 30mm tube.

Good luck!

Nikon m223 mount is an ok to good option for budget minded or starter. Please make sure you get the right size as they have 1 in and 30mm size. If you are shooting ar15, it will be good enough for long time. If you are shooting bolt gun with larger cal, it works but you will need to get a better one about a year later.
Yes, it will fit other brand scope just get the right size for your scope.

Nikon M-223 Mounts

Nikon m223 mount is an ok to good option for budget minded or starter. Please make sure you get the right size as they have 1 in and 30mm size. If you are shooting ar15, it will be good enough for long time. If you are shooting bolt gun with larger cal, it works but you will need to get a better one about a year later.
Yes, it will fit other brand scope just get the right size for your scope.

Absolutely. If your scope has a 1 inch tube you will be fine.The new 30mm Mounts are followed with 30 after their Designation, M-223 XR 30. If you are using a compact scope (short tube) you may need a 2 piece mount. If you are using a Nikon scope with the BDC reticle make sure when you enter your shooting information into Spot On that you adjust the sight height to 2.5 inches. Or you can be even more accurate and measure mid bore to the middle of your scope.
Those of you interested in a Nikon M or P Series scope, the Mount 'Em Up Promotion giving you a free mount with your purchase goes until 3/31/14

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/M-223 3-12/m-233-2.jpg

Absolutely. If your scope has a 1 inch tube you will be fine.The new 30mm Mounts are followed with 30 after their Designation, M-223 XR 30. If you are using a compact scope (short tube) you may need a 2 piece mount. If you are using a Nikon scope with the BDC reticle make sure when you enter your shooting information into Spot On that you adjust the sight height to 2.5 inches. Or you can be even more accurate and measure mid bore to the middle of your scope.
Those of you interested in a Nikon M or P Series scope, the Mount 'Em Up Promotion giving you a free mount with your purchase goes until 3/31/14

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/M-223 3-12/m-233-2.jpg

Thank you for pointing out the promotion.