• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns M&P 9mm 17 round mags

fisho91

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2012
So I was on Smith and Wessons website and noticed they didnt even have the choice of 17 round mags for their 9mm full size M&P. Before even when they were out of stock they were still pictured on the website. Have they quite making them or am I just missing something?

FWIW I heard that S&W is so far behind on their magazines that they are only able to keep up with demand for the magazines that the supply with their weapons. Heard from a Gun Store guy, so you know how that goes.

While I didnt see any M&P9 or 40 mags I did snag 2 7 round Shield 9mm mags at my local Cabela's yesterday. They also had quite a few M&P 45 mags. They didnt have these at all 2 or 3 weeks ago, so I would say that SOME mags are starting to trickle out.

M&P 40 mags work just as well and are the same size, only difference is the holes drilled in the back for only 15 rounds and the follower is slightly different, but works just the same. So if just looking for range mags and you see some .40 mags, grab em.

While I didnt see any M&P9 or 40 mags I did snag 2 7 round Shield 9mm mags at my local Cabela's yesterday. They also had quite a few M&P 45 mags. They didnt have these at all 2 or 3 weeks ago, so I would say that SOME mags are starting to trickle out.

M&P 40 mags work just as well and are the same size, only difference is the holes drilled in the back for only 15 rounds and the follower is slightly different, but works just the same. So if just looking for range mags and you see some .40 mags, grab em.

Thanks I will check into that!

I bought some used (Police trade in stuff) for my M&P .40 from Bud's Gun Shop a few weeks back. They looked great, just had a a few light scratches/wear marks on them that almost disappeared when wiped down with an oily rag. $24.95 each at the time.

I have shot 9MM ammo out of my .40 S&W magazines in my 9MM M&P one time. I put 4 magazines worth of 9mm ammo through the gun with no issues at all. No failures to feed and it went bang every time. The top rounds stick up a little more than with the .40's due to the case diameter.