• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing M&P shield trigger job. Who should i send it to?

dmiller369

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2012
The break of the trigger is very stiff and abrupt. when dry firing it, i can't hold the gun still upon trigger break.

also i think i want the trigger safety removed.I like glocks trigger safety but not M&p's by any means(it tends to hang up).

who do you recommend i send it to for a trigger job and what cost am i looking at? thanks.

Re: M&P shield trigger job. Who should i send it to?

APEX FSS Kit.

I cant help you with who to send it too, but I have worked the triggers on all my M&Ps and they have turned out much nicer than factory. Smoother pull with a more distinct break and reset. If you can break your gun apart you might want to save some money and try it yourself first. Here is a youtube video showing you step by step how to do a trigger job, what to polish and what to use. I know it's not the sheild in the video, but there is not much diffrence between the standard M&P and the Sheild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7FcFgYmqWw

Good luck and hope this helps.

The Apex kits are very good and you can watch their install videos on youtube. They will also do the install for you if you like for extra $. I recommend them.

do those APEX kits have a better trigger safety system? do they ever hang up? Have you guys experienced this?

Dude, if your external trigger safety is hanging up on the frame take it out and file on that SOB until it doesnt hit the frame.