• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M1 Garand Help

biggame10683

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
DFW
So I just picked up this rifle in a trade and have looked around kind of hard on the net with not allot of luck. Any help with fig out what I have would be great. The barrel is clean and no rust anywhere on the gun at all. Have not shot it yet ( kind of scared ) my hope is that its a CMP gun but getting them on the phone is like pulling teeth
smile.gif

Thanks

2lwp0yb.jpg

2sac9kh.jpg

ulq55.jpg

2dim0b8.jpg

9lem50.jpg

2elwmix.jpg

2zhmfrc.jpg

Re: M1 Garand Help

You have a re-imported WWII production M1 that someone appears to have made into some sort of a commemorative rifle. It is not a CMP gun (VA import mark on side of barrel tells us this). The stock appears to be post war HRA with its big "back porch". The parking on the parts you show (receiver, op rod, bolt, trigger housing) appears to be original. The hammer and other small parts (really black) appear to have been re-coated with something; the pics make them seem too dark for black park, but that could just be the camera.

Look in the op rod channel and see what is on the right side of the barrel. Post a pic of that if you can. Also post a pic of the markings on the op rod. It will be dash something if wartime production, 65______ if post war.

Re: M1 Garand Help

Nice rifle. But i do believe it is an import from Arlington Ordnance in Va. CMP rifles do not have import stamps on the barrels.