• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M110 / SR25 Barrel Contour vs GAP 10 / LaRue OBBR

EXSOCAL

Send it...
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2010
Idaho
Does anyone know the barrel contour of the any of the rifles in the title??? Looking for diameter under the hand guard, gas block diameter, and diameter after gas block?

Much appreciated.

Last edited:
The M110's exact profile is on Krieger's website I think but I don't know any of the others.

I think the M110 is .900-.920 under the handguard with an .875 gas block and .840-.850 muzzle. It's not lite by any means.

The M110's exact profile is on Krieger's website I think but I don't know any of the others.

I think the M110 is .900-.920 under the handguard with an .875 gas block and .840-.850 muzzle. It's not lite by any means.

Thank you!

Barrel has .750 gas block on the M110 and forward of the gas block - barrel is threaded 3/4-24 UNS2A
Under the barrel is around .960 from memory - I don't have a 110 barrel in NoVa with me now, just the 16" K gun.

I'll have one back next week and get back to you.

The reason I was asking was I basically wanted an 18" version of this barrel. I drafted up a print of a barrel that I am having Lothar Walther make for me - ended up going with a taper down to .900" OD two inches past where the receiver extension mates with the barrel, straight .900" to the gas block register (rifle length, .750" gas block) and .740" OD from the end of the gas block to the muzzle with 5/8"x24 threads. I was about to pull the proverbial trigger on Lilja's AR10740 18" profile, which is .750 under the hand guard, .750" gas block, and .740" to the muzzle, but I wanted a little more beef under the guard to help with heat under long shot strings. I plan on using this rifle for everything from tac matches to deer hunting. As I understand it, LaRue uses LW blanks that they finish in house, and supposedly the LW-50 steel that Lothar uses is tough as shit and more than one smith has cussed his way through chambering and finishing one, but they hold up real well.
Any of you AR .308 experts have any comments on my choice? Yay? Nay?

I say it's a good choice, LW makes great barrels. My AR-10TLW (18 inches) is accurate as hell and it has a LW ss barrel. I remember a fromaer member here who had around 9k rounds through his AR-10TLW and he had no chnage in accuracy at that point. I'd say get it and don't look back....

I ordered the barrel with a rifle length gas system after a pretty decent conversation on the topic with a couple smiths and Dan Lilja, all recommended rifle length.