• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M118LR Powder

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
Ok, I know that the government has it's own powder for the 118LR and that is not available to us. Does anyone know what powder is the closest to the government mix.

Re: M118LR Powder

RL15 and has been for years. Charge weights have changed from year to year. Some have been 42.0, 43.4, 44.3. All with 175 SMK.

What is the equivalent to that in Varget? I'm trying to replicate this load using Varget powder. I've heard 43-44grns?

I've heard 44grs of RL-15 is the load. To get that in Varget you'll have to take into concideration case weight and primers(good luck finding GGM primers)! Just load up throu and see what yours likes.

I run 43.1gr of RL-15 in LC cases with a 175gr. It tracks great on my MST 100 out to 1000yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyinrl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've heard 44grs of RL-15 is the load. To get that in Varget you'll have to take into concideration case weight and primers(good luck finding GGM primers)! Just load up throu and see what yours likes. </div></div>

The current load is 43.1gr.

As for primers, Federal is the way to go but CCI's are a close second.