• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos M14 EBR

Re: M14 EBR

I love m14s
wink.gif

I really hope he's not about to crump one off with no ear pro (or eye pro) on inside that space..
eek.gif
can't see if he's got a mag on.

I was talking with a Navy Seal yesterday, and I asked him about the Sage EBR stock, He said nobody liked em, And they took em out and put them in Mcmillan stocks..

Sounds familiar, I sold my EBR rifle and replaced it with a bedded mcmillan, MUCH better IMO..

There is a reason this rifle is still a loved weapon of the US Army designated marksman after fifty years of service.

It is a fantastic battle rifle.

My only gripe? That goofy safety!

And yes, a bedded McM M3A is a much better alternative to the EBRs.

sadly the SEALs don't have M14's/ebr's anymore. they took them away and gave them to the ship boarding teams in the navy and said that the scar heavy replaces it. which is stupid and they shoulda just left both but ugh thats another story all together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really hope he's not about to crump one off with no ear pro (or eye pro) on inside that space..
eek.gif
can't see if he's got a mag on. </div></div>

Just goes to show how "safety" orientated we are today.
Foam ear plugs and no glasses was the norm.
No bicycle helmets,seat belts,,...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BAMCIS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really hope he's not about to crump one off with no ear pro (or eye pro) on inside that space..
eek.gif
can't see if he's got a mag on. </div></div>

Just goes to show how "safety" orientated we are today.
Foam ear plugs and no glasses was the norm.
No bicycle helmets,seat belts,,... </div></div>

Yet somehow we lives, most with no major loss of eye sight and only some loss of hearing.

Man that is a sweet rifle. I carry that one at work. I have stretched its legs out to 1k. Even at night with the SSMRS night scope on it I still was hitting at 1k. It is a sweet firing rifle. A lot better then the old DMRs that we used. Easier to custom fit to an individual shooter. With the front/rear adjusting butstock and up/down cheek pad. The only problem that we had/have with it is the allen screws that are on it and the tool kit that comes with it. You have to go get yourself some good quality allen keys or you will strip the allen screws out. Also to change from the Mark 4 to the S&B was easier on the shooter as well.

You're not seriously suggesting that firing a 7.62 inside a closed space without earpro on is a fun thing to do? I've been struck by Murphy before in that the one particular time I forgot to wear ear pro on a convoy job it all kicked off - a few mags later from inside the cab of the SUV I was in and my hearing was f*cked, as in permanently damaged on the right side. It's all a big joke and 'old school' until you need to pass a hearing test to get a job, or keep the one you're in.

Can't see if he's wearing yellows (ear plugs) but if banging away without em' fits within your own safety margins, be my guest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're not seriously suggesting that firing a 7.62 inside a closed space without earpro on is a fun thing to do? I've been struck by Murphy before in that the one particular time I forgot to wear ear pro on a convoy job it all kicked off - a few mags later from inside the cab of the SUV I was in and my hearing was f*cked, as in permanently damaged on the right side. It's all a big joke and 'old school' until you need to pass a hearing test to get a job, or keep the one you're in.

Can't see if he's wearing yellows (ear plugs) but if banging away without em' fits within your own safety margins, be my guest. </div></div>

Hearing protection: the less you use it, the less you need it.

[/quote]Hearing protection: the less you use it, the less you need it. [/quote]

LOL

A bedded McMillan M3A is going to be heavier and become less accurate than the EBR.

The SAGE EBR system works and the TACOM M14EBR-RI pictured above has been a huge success.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: H2O MAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A bedded McMillan M3A is going to be heavier and become less accurate than the EBR.

The SAGE EBR system works and the TACOM M14EBR-RI pictured above has been a huge success. </div></div>

Not necessarily..

We had them in Kunar Province. First they just opened crates of M14's and handed them out like 3 per platoon. which we fitted scopes to ourselves. Then they came in with the EBR's. we were usually engaged at about 600m out or so, a few times they got in real damn close like 50 to 75 meters out. That 7.62 round did come in handy at 600 meters though. a buddy of mine had a real nice shot on the Pech River with an EBR, while we were gettin our ass's lit up. I think they are alright.

I have two M1A's in McMillans and two in EBR's. Personally I think they are different animals. The McMillan stocked M1A's are better for the scout/sniper support role. While the EBR's are better suited for the DMR role. My McMillan's will give around 1.0 MOA while my EBR is around a 1.5 MOA gun. The EBR's are better suited for urban warfare with more optic/sighting options. Either way you can't go wrong.