• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M14 experts / original USGI parts

copper91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
Rapid City, SD
I need a little advice on some equipment I have. I won't get into the long story on how I got it but I came into a winchester us rifle M14 and now I have all the parts off of it except the receiver. So, here is my question; how much is all parts(kit) worth??? Most parts are marke HR which i know to be harrington and richardson.

Also, i have (4) M14 barrels which are used and in good shape (2) are marked HR,(1) is marked TRW, and the one off the winchester is marked winchester. Any ideas on how much the barrels are worth and is one brand worth mor than the other.

I have a guy interested in the parts but just making sure I'm not getting hosed on this deal.

thanks in advance

Re: M14 experts / original USGI parts

Depends on the condition, but the parts kit should be in the 1200-1500 range. That might sound a little cheap, but IMO the market is soft right now.

I see bbls going anywhere from 150-300, again depending on TE/MW, and if any chrome is flaking.

USGI is USGI, everything should be the same, but TRW does seem to have the joo joo, and brings a little higher prices. WRA, HRA, and SA are all about the same, unless someone is trying to put together an all {x} parts kit.

PM H20MAN on here he knows alot about the M14/M1A. Parts are worth alot when they are hard to find. Most guys like to get as many parts from one manufacture into their gun. That's why the TRW parts are worth alot, and I believe the Winchesters are sought after too. Good luck with it

Check out the m14tfl forum. The guys there will be able to tell you alot about the parts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Copper91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I came into a winchester us rifle M14 and now I have all the parts off of it except the receiver.

Also, i have (4) M14 barrels which are used and in good shape (2) are marked HR,(1) is marked TRW, and the one off the winchester is marked winchester. </div></div>

Once you establish the condition of each part and gauge the barrels you will want to pick the brain of a few folks that are into the more traditional, GI copies of the M14. Lee Emerson (Different) is an awesome source of information and can help guide you to the right people so that you can get a fair value for what you have.

Different can be found on AR15.com in the M1 & M1A section, he also frequents The M14HDW Forum.

As mentioned, parts made by TRW command a premium price.

Do you have the rifle stock?

I do have the stock but the butt of the stock has a huge crack in it. The original metal on the gun is fine.

Thanks again for the info.

Most USGI barrels will have the throat showing chipping or the muzzle from segmented rod abuse just hold the barrels up to the light the rifling should be square and consistant, pitting around the gas port another thing to look at.

if they have any chrome issues I would consider them horseshoe pins and sell them having such issues.

The other parts - Bolts: chips engravings etchings pitting on the bolt face all are deductions.

Trigger group: the indexing spline is crucial, the rest can be replaced inside the housing, etchings / engravings - deductions

the op-rod the roller channel how nice is it, the tab is not as crucial as folks seem to make it as that can be fixed in a few minutes.

Deduct for mismatched parts as well.

Last one I sold was a buy now, all HR even the rear sight base & windage knob - it was real nice stuff - $1250 or $1275 + shipping on gunbroker - lasted about 2 hours.

The market is soft right now although the "hard parts" seem to be holding steady.

The wood is of real no value, $40/$50 for a decent used walnut w/ clear P & DoD stamps.

LRB had some USGI parts kits recently for sale - http://lrbarms.com/m14parts.html

Hope that helps some - Good luck

thanks for that info BB,,, I scoped the barrel with a budies bore scope and they all look great with none of the signs you mentioned. And all other parts are in great shape as well with none of the weak signs you mentioned. I don't think the host gun was shot much and was well taken of.

I have a guy buying the parts at this time and he is concerned about hte parts fitting a fulton armory receiver that he is looking at buying. I'm assuming they will fit but again,,, I don't know much about the M14.

thanks again
later